Help me out with the Time frame for applying -- THANKS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amoxicillin

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i submitted my aacom application. Then sent my secondaries and mcat scores to the aacom application service. Now how long will it take for the schools to send me their secondaries? Thanks everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

What do you mean when you say you sent your secondaries to AACOMAS? Just confused.

Schools usually send you secondaries as soon as they receive your AACOMAS profile. Your AACOMAS profile will be "created" as soon as AACOMAS receives all your transcripts, MCAT, etc. and processes them. It takes a month or two for the profile to be ready and then transmitted to schools, depending on the volume of applications.

When schools receive your profile, some will send you a secondary by mail but most will e-mail you (many secondaries for DO schools are either web-based or sent to you as Word or pdf attachments).

I'm hoping you sent your AACOMAS app a few months ago. If you just did it, you've already missed the deadlines for most schools.

sorry about that...I sent my TRANSCRIPTS the to aacom application service...sorry

You might want to e-mail your school of choice that you have submitted the AACOMAS primary application. Ask them for a possible short cut to secondary application and the arrangement for the pre-emptive LORs. In July-August, some allopathic school offered secondary application before the actual or official receipt of the primary application from AMCAS. It is not impossible for some osteo school to do so now. You are not traveling in rush hour traffic. Some good samaritan might even give a well qualified application a lift. Otherwise, just trust the AACOMAS. They are reliable.

And why does it take you so long to decide?You could blame it on some "misleading " info in both pre-allo and pre-osteo forums. On any two-way street, every post goes either way. ;)

Good luck.