Help Me Please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hyeyeun320

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can any one explain about Hole punching and front/end/side view questions perfectlly and understablly?

I am in big troble

Please

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Can any one explain about Hole punching and front/end/side view questions perfectlly and understablly?

I am in big troble

Please

Thanks

Well im terrible at TFE and they take too much time so I dont really bother with them haha, thats just my strategy, im not suggesting you ignore them too.

As for the hole punching I can definitely help you. Here are two big hints that help you eliminate answer choices. First, look at the very first fold made with the paper - that creates a line of symmetry. So for instance, if the paper is first folded in half from left to right lengthwise, the answer choice will have to have symmetry accros the vertical acis. (this is hard to explain in words, but try it with your study materials and you'll see it works.) The next thing you want to do is count the layers of paper as it is folded. If done correctly you will know exactly how many holes will appear on the final answer. For instance, if a hole is punched in a portion of the paper with 4 layers and another is punched in a portion with 2, you will have 6 holes. This method usually narrows all the answer choices down to 2 or less.

Good Luck and let me know if you need a better explanation. Also, if you post some on here I could walk you through them.

The next thing you want to do is count the layers of paper as it is folded. If done correctly you will know exactly how many holes will appear on the final answer. For instance, if a hole is punched in a portion of the paper with 4 layers and another is punched in a portion with 2, you will have 6 holes. This method usually narrows all the answer choices down to 2 or less.

How do you count the layers of paper a hole is punched through without laboriously going all the way back through all the folds and following the hole? it seems like if you can count the number of folds under a hole, u might as well know where all the holes are going to be anyways

Members don't see this ad :)
Well im terrible at TFE and they take too much time so I dont really bother with them haha, thats just my strategy, im not suggesting you ignore them too.

Sooo I'm not the only one planning on picking "B" for all the TFE problems? haha..

haha! :D

So if we can do pretty well on all the other sections, is a 20 on the PAT still possible even if we completely guess on the TFE??
yeaa it is possible!! Last year when I took it, I guessed C for all the TFE and I still got 18, only because I wasn't as good in key holes & pattern folding compared to the other sections.

yeaa it is possible!! Last year when I took it, I guessed C for all the TFE and I still got 18, only because I wasn't as good in key holes & pattern folding compared to the other sections.

Im aiming for a 19 on the PAT. I started with 18's on crack dat, so hopefully by test time ill be up to 19. Unfortunately, the jump from 18-19 is a big one.

My modified strategy is as follows. Key holes (spend a fair amount of time, get most of them), TFE (letter of the day, BUT mark the ones that dont seem too bad), angle ranking ( FAST), hole punching ( fast and get all of them correct), cube counting (fast and get all correct), pattern folding (dont get stuck on a really hard one, spend a good amount of time)... go back to the ones I marked for TFE

Ill let you guys know how it works when i take more crack dat pat tests...

Im aiming for a 19 on the PAT. I started with 18's on crack dat, so hopefully by test time ill be up to 19. Unfortunately, the jump from 18-19 is a big one.

My modified strategy is as follows. Key holes (spend a fair amount of time, get most of them), TFE (letter of the day, BUT mark the ones that dont seem too bad), angle ranking ( FAST), hole punching ( fast and get all of them correct), cube counting (fast and get all correct), pattern folding (dont get stuck on a really hard one, spend a good amount of time)... go back to the ones I marked for TFE

Ill let you guys know how it works when i take more crack dat pat tests...
yea crack the dat pat will give you good estimate of how you will do on the real thing. I was scoring 17-18 on all the tests & I scored 18 on the real thing. If by practicing more you start to score 19 or higher on the crack the dat pat....most probably you will score 19 or higher on the real thing. Good luck!

I don't find TFE that bad... it's the shape folding that annoys the everliving crap out of me

I don't find TFE that bad... it's the shape folding that annoys the everliving crap out of me

TFE mystefies me to no end, but I'm so relieved that so many other people are having a hard time with them. Misery loves company?? haha

Pattern folding is difficult too.. waay too time consuming. Too bad we couldn't be excused for one of the PAT sections! :D wishful thinking...