Help me Pleaseeeeee

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

V4viet

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm applying for osteopathic school 2007. I have 3.36, mcat of 17M and a lot of volunteer, feed the homeless, summer enrichment program at uva and etc. Do I have a good shot at any schools?
NYCOM
OUCOM
MSUCOM etc

Members don't see this ad.

V4viet said:
Hey guys I'm applying for osteopathic school 2007. I have 3.36, mcat of 17M and a lot of volunteer, feed the homeless, summer enrichment program at uva and etc. Do I have a good shot at any schools?
NYCOM
OUCOM
MSUCOM etc

If you just did the MCAT once and received a 17, then I would say the interview chnces are unlikely. Just taking it once I believe shows you gave up. You have to demostrate your proactivity (you are ALWAYS trying to improve)
If you have taken the MCAT multiple times and have been getting 17's, and with some great Letters of Rec, you definitely have a chance. I know a couple of students in my class that received a 17 or lower.

You have this April and August. Attack! :mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
To be honest, it will be a tough battle. I was in similar shoes as I had a 3.2 overall gpa and a 19O mcat with plenty of volunteer, community service projects on the side. While I didn't feel like spending a ton of money the first time through right before graduating, I hardly received any interest from any schools and OUCOM was on my list. So I realized I probably wasnt strong enough and am now just about to complete my MS and I also took the mcat again and got a 24L. So I may have went a bit extreme, but it has been worth it all as I have already had 5 interviews and a couple of acceptances. Hope all goes well. PM me if you have any more questions.

V4viet said:
NYCOM
OUCOM
MSUCOM etc

Hate to say it, but you'll have to bite the bullet and retake the MCAT. :scared:

V4viet said:
NYCOM
OUCOM
MSUCOM etc

Your GPA is ok. Your MCAT is not. I wouldn't apply without retaking the MCAT and scoring, at least, in the mid 20's.

Good luck.

I was in the same boat last year, 17N and 3.2. I didn't even bother applying. retook it 2 more times, finally a 21....and I got in!!! it's not impossible. just keep studying, try again, don't ever give up. e mail me if you have any questions, concerns..etc