Help me prioritize: EK 1001 or Practice tests?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phattestlewt

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been using TBR/EK for content review

TBR (mostly) and TPR for problems

Should I jump into practice tests or drill through 1001? How useful are 1001 for people who've used them?

My thinking is that i should use 1001 for extra practice on any areas where I'm weak.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

It seems like EK phys, chem, ochem are standalone questions so I probably might not be going through those, while bio may still be helpful
Has bio been of use?

And i'm taking it Jan 23rd

I bought the 1001s and have barely looked at them. I don't think it's the best use of your study time. I've heard EK1001 bio is terrible.

The more practice tests you do, the better. Just save the most realistic ones (AAMC, etc.) for closest to your exam date. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Unless you're really out of time, I'd do both.
SN2ed plan tells you to do just about 1/3 of the EK 1001 if I remember correctly, and that was pretty good practice for me.
If you could do at least a handful of questions per topic that would help you a lot.

Practice tests.

I did both for a while, but it soon felt like the stand alone questions were a chore and I wasn't getting enough of those conceptual reminders that passages naturally allow for.

The bulk of the test is passage based. Even if you feel they're not as comprehensive as discrete questions, the passages give you the chance to improve on your reasoning ability based on new and unfamiliar information.

Just be sure to fully review all questions afterward (both right and wrong).