General Admissions & OTCAS Help me!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Thefutureisot

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how OTCAS or schools calculate labs and lectures? My university separates labs and lectures into two different grades. I’m wondering if I could retake my C in anatomy 2 lecture and keep my C in the lab.. would that hurt some how?
 
Does anyone know how OTCAS or schools calculate labs and lectures? My university separates labs and lectures into two different grades. I’m wondering if I could retake my C in anatomy 2 lecture and keep my C in the lab.. would that hurt some how?

My situation was kind of similar to yours. I think schools look at the grade as a whole. So I think it would be to your benefit (if you have time) to retake the course at a local community college and boost that grade up. Cause if you think about it I think the only way they consider two different grades is by averaging it. I remember I had a B in Physiology lecture and C in lab, but when I asked an admin rep, they told me they averaged the two and assessed the class as one, which brought down my grade overall. As anatomy is an important pre-req they consider I think it would be in your best interest to take it again.
 
My situation was kind of similar to yours. I think schools look at the grade as a whole. So I think it would be to your benefit (if you have time) to retake the course at a local community college and boost that grade up. Cause if you think about it I think the only way they consider two different grades is by averaging it. I remember I had a B in Physiology lecture and C in lab, but when I asked an admin rep, they told me they averaged the two and assessed the class as one, which brought down my grade overall. As anatomy is an important pre-req they consider I think it would be in your best interest to take it again.
Thank you!!!