Apr 1, 2020
Status
Pre-Occupational Therapy
Does anyone know how OTCAS or schools calculate labs and lectures? My university separates labs and lectures into two different grades. I’m wondering if I could retake my C in anatomy 2 lecture and keep my C in the lab.. would that hurt some how?

Jan 28, 2019
Status
Pre-Occupational Therapy
Does anyone know how OTCAS or schools calculate labs and lectures? My university separates labs and lectures into two different grades. I’m wondering if I could retake my C in anatomy 2 lecture and keep my C in the lab.. would that hurt some how?
My situation was kind of similar to yours. I think schools look at the grade as a whole. So I think it would be to your benefit (if you have time) to retake the course at a local community college and boost that grade up. Cause if you think about it I think the only way they consider two different grades is by averaging it. I remember I had a B in Physiology lecture and C in lab, but when I asked an admin rep, they told me they averaged the two and assessed the class as one, which brought down my grade overall. As anatomy is an important pre-req they consider I think it would be in your best interest to take it again.

Reactions: futureotamy
Apr 1, 2020
Status
Pre-Occupational Therapy
My situation was kind of similar to yours. I think schools look at the grade as a whole. So I think it would be to your benefit (if you have time) to retake the course at a local community college and boost that grade up. Cause if you think about it I think the only way they consider two different grades is by averaging it. I remember I had a B in Physiology lecture and C in lab, but when I asked an admin rep, they told me they averaged the two and assessed the class as one, which brought down my grade overall. As anatomy is an important pre-req they consider I think it would be in your best interest to take it again.
Thank you!!!

Reactions: OThopefully183
Jan 28, 2019
Status
Pre-Occupational Therapy
Thank you!!!
No problem! Just check with each school and ask as they can differ. But I end up retaking the course and got an A. So second time around you might do lot better. :)

I also saw it as a chance to review before I get into OT school as I'm sure I'll end up using it.

Reactions: futureotamy
About the Ads