Help me!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tweetybird

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been off this forum for sometime, but I know someone will sure help me here!

I am a dentist from India, but for various reasons have moved focus to pursuing my Masters In Healthcare Administration(HCAD). I am currently on an H4. I am aware that I cannot opt for a paid/unpaid internship with my current visa.

I now have the opportunity to enroll as a mentee and observe my Mentor for 16 hours. This is being offered by the board that accredits the HCAD program and hence is not a part of my curriculum. I know many foreign trained dentists on this forum are in similar situations, being observers in dental clinics. My question is, is this permitted on a H4, since there is no pay/work involved?

If anybody has got the green signal to indulge in such situations, from their attorney/reliable source, please please let me know.

Thanks a bunch,
Tweety

Members don't see this ad.

I volunteered in a dental clinic for more than a year.My husband received a clearence from his company's attorney before that.
As far as I know I do not think Volunteering/observing should get you into any trouble when you are on an H4 visa.

Thanks Divya, but could you tell me what kind of clearance your attorney provided?