HELP!!! Need Advice...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bruinguy083

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
I am a UCLA grad class of '06 and got sidetracked and am now finally ready to apply to schools. I was a Political Sci. major and my gpa was a 3.6. My Science Gpa was pretty bad, something like a 3.0 or 3.1.

My question is... I wanted to take a post bacc program at a cal state school but due to budget cuts, they don't offer these programs for at least 1-2 years.

I wanted to re-take a 2 chem courses as well as a stats class. Is it a huge difference if i re-take these classes at a university or through a community college? TIA!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Ok so i am going to tell you what i heard before. Some dental schools that i contacted before say that if you started at a community college and finished you BA at a university you are good ,but if you go back from a university to a college for certain courses then they will think that either you are not strong enough for universities or you just being lazy and this will decrease your chances of getting in.

another thing to keep in mind, some schools don't accept community college credits for prereqs. the ones ive found are tufts, nyu, but there are more. check out the dental schools your interested in to see their requirements before wasting your time. i wish someone told me this before. good luck!

yeah, it's just really hard right now w/ budget cuts to take more classes at a university in california when i've already graduated. what route did u take?