help needed urgently

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mkot

mkot
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi friends, i m in a fix...
i scheduled an interview at tufts uni on the 17th oct 2 weeks ago.
today, i got an intimidation from upenn that i have an interview with them on the 17th oct too.
i have a few ques...
1. will upenn reschedule my i'view
2. if it does then which i'view should i go for.
3. where do i have a better chance of getting in ( i know a faculty at tufts so wil that help me in any way)
4. which uni has a better program

plz help me out. i need help. also, if anyone is ready to switch their i'view dates with me plz let me know.

thanks in advance

mkot

Members don't see this ad.

c'mon friends, help me

hi friends, i m in a fix...
i scheduled an interview at tufts uni on the 17th oct 2 weeks ago.
today, i got an intimidation from upenn that i have an interview with them on the 17th oct too.
i have a few ques...
1. will upenn reschedule my i'view
2. if it does then which i'view should i go for.
3. where do i have a better chance of getting in ( i know a faculty at tufts so wil that help me in any way)
4. which uni has a better program

plz help me out. i need help. also, if anyone is ready to switch their i'view dates with me plz let me know.

thanks in advance

mkot

Hi ,
I think you could do the following-
1. Go for your Tufts interview as per your original schedule..
2. Call up UPenn and ask them to reschedule your interview for the next nearest date after 17th OCT... they have interviews every Tuesday and Friday...
3. I am sure with your wonderful stats, you will get selected into all the four schools you have applied to....
4. Once your interviews are over and you get your admit letters from the schools, you will have plenty of time to decide where you would want to join...
Hope this is of some help..
:thumbup: Good Luck

Members don't see this ad :)
I completely agree with the suggestion HYDBDS has provided. from my point of view I think Tufts is the awesome school and the chances of getting in is more, once you are called for an interview in Tufts compared to Upenn. so I think it is always best to reschedule Upenn interview rather than Tufts. hope this helps. anyways, congrats on getting the Interview calls from both the schools. Moreover, you have a wonderful stats so you should have a +ve response from all the schools you have applied

Hey there Mkot my friend, long time since last we spoke,I trust all is well with you and your family. Regarding your question, I to agree with HYDBDS 100% but You know me there is always a But or However simply because I know this process we go through is very tricky. So my thoughts tell me this,when it comes to schools and interviews there are a lot of people waiting for the same spots that you have and the Universities know this, now I am not sure if this train of thought is correct but I always rule on the side of caution when charting through uncharted territory, so that being said , with the fact that you are in a highly competitive cultural group i would thing that there is some minimal risk involved. First I agree with HYDBDS about sticking to TUFTS First because I am sure there are less Indians applying there then UPENN .Remember what I said about what I read in a previous article from my ADEA magazine subscription that University programs must balance out their cultural selections
providing they are available. So with that in mind I would QUESS that you are fine with TUFTS. Now I know you based on our previous conversations and I know you have a desire and a goal to become a surgeon , and judging by you are I would say that I have know doubt that you will be one , one day. So I would say in the interest of long term planning find out which program is the best for you to attain this goal and as I understand it that it is easier to progress you career when you stay in the same school when it comes to specialty residencies. Either way I am confident in what I know about you that you are going to make a great dentist as well as a surgeon. Other then that I would agree with HYDBDS.Good luck you know I am here for you.-Bill FIXENSMILES

dear hydbds, dentex, and bill. thanks a lo for ur help.
i called one of our firends , who is a faculty at upenn dental school, and from what he said it seems that they might reschedule my i'view. i m going to call them monday and tell them my prob and hopefully everything will go well.
i will keep u updated.
thanks once again.
also, Bill, can u help me ,plz,find work in ny or nj. coz i have nothign to do in the usa b/w my i'views. ( DA, or something like that, volunteering is also ok)
mkot

absolutly , email me at [email protected] and I will get you an interview at my agency the starting pay for temp work or placement work as a DA is $18.00 per hour and in NYC and NJ I only work in NYC and I get $22.00 an hour but I have been doing it for 2 years and only do High Yield specialty Dentistry. So let me know My agent is always looking for good people and I think you would be great for the level of Dentistry that I assist. talk to you soon- Bill

hi folks, finally i got over my prob.
i talked to upenn guys, and they rescheduled my interview on the 20th october
anyone whos has i'view at upenn on the same day?
anyways, thank u all for ur support and help
mkot