Help needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anvi

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I applied to colleges inthe westcoast but,didn't get interview calls.I got acceptance letter from NYU,I don't know whether to accept it or not, as iam not intersted because of the cost and length of the program.And I have to pay them $1000 by mar28.Am unable to decide. I want to wait and try for the coming year.I don't know whether it is worth or not for the waiting.Can anyone help me with your valuable advice.

Members don't see this ad.

You should do what you are most comfortable with. If you don't want to go to NYU then focus on improving your CV & scores.

haven`t u applied to east coast schools other than NYU?
if u have the confidence of improving ur score ,then u can try for next time i guess...........

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the reply ,am thinking of trying for the next year.

I applied to Boston,got rejected.

Originally posted by anvi
as iam not intersted because of the cost and length of the program.
Cost-
Most ID programs are expensive so don't go by the cost ( I know its a 3 yr program, it'll still work out well in the end) and moreover you will be making enough once you graduate so I am not sure if that should be your decision making point.
Length of the program-
If you get accepted in a two year program next year you will still be graduating at the same time, so is that relevant here ?

Yeah...I am giving you something to think abt, also want to mess around a lil bit with your confused state of mind :D
But seriously if you aren't planning to do a PG later on it might be a good idea to think abt accepting their offer.

i completly agree with henna here. if u r thinking of PG later. it wud be better to wait but if its the money & the length of the programme i think u sud not think much abt it because u wud have to earn an extra year compared to people whor entering into 2 yr programme. tht wud be the only difference.
keeping in mind tht the competition has increased this yr tremendously compared to last yr. it might be either the same or worse coming yr.
rest is up to u.
bye

yeah......"Now the gate is open get inside...other than waiting for one more chance for the gate to open":thumbup:

True...a bird in hand is worth two in the bush.
May you be blessed with the power to make the right decision.Congrats btw for making it through NYU.