anvi

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2003
112
0
0
Visit site
Status
Hi,
I applied to colleges inthe westcoast but,didn't get interview calls.I got acceptance letter from NYU,I don't know whether to accept it or not, as iam not intersted because of the cost and length of the program.And I have to pay them $1000 by mar28.Am unable to decide. I want to wait and try for the coming year.I don't know whether it is worth or not for the waiting.Can anyone help me with your valuable advice.
 

Henna

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 3, 2001
2,892
4
241
California
Visit site
Status
You should do what you are most comfortable with. If you don't want to go to NYU then focus on improving your CV & scores.
 

Henna

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 3, 2001
2,892
4
241
California
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by anvi
as iam not intersted because of the cost and length of the program.
Cost-
Most ID programs are expensive so don't go by the cost ( I know its a 3 yr program, it'll still work out well in the end) and moreover you will be making enough once you graduate so I am not sure if that should be your decision making point.
Length of the program-
If you get accepted in a two year program next year you will still be graduating at the same time, so is that relevant here ?




Yeah...I am giving you something to think abt, also want to mess around a lil bit with your confused state of mind :D
But seriously if you aren't planning to do a PG later on it might be a good idea to think abt accepting their offer.
 

shreyas

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2003
30
0
0
43
Visit site
Status
i completly agree with henna here. if u r thinking of PG later. it wud be better to wait but if its the money & the length of the programme i think u sud not think much abt it because u wud have to earn an extra year compared to people whor entering into 2 yr programme. tht wud be the only difference.
keeping in mind tht the competition has increased this yr tremendously compared to last yr. it might be either the same or worse coming yr.
rest is up to u.
bye
 

dentaldoc

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2003
739
2
0
Visit site
Status
yeah......"Now the gate is open get inside...other than waiting for one more chance for the gate to open":thumbup:
 

elementz

Happiness and Sunshine:)
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2004
203
0
0
I am where my heart is...
Visit site
Status
True...a bird in hand is worth two in the bush.
May you be blessed with the power to make the right decision.Congrats btw for making it through NYU.