careerchngr

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2005
Status
Hello,
Any help with the following questions is greatly appreciated. I know that AACOMAS will take the most recent grades for a retaken class when computing the AACOMAS GPA. If I am repeating my science prereqs for application to DO school (since I took the originals back in 1995), but I am taking them at a different four year institution, will they still count as retaken classes even though the course titles are different? Also how do they calculate incompletes and withdrawals in a class if no grade was ever given? THanks

medmom

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 11, 2005
Colorado
www.mdapplicants.com
Status
  1. Medical Student
I was told this morning that classes retaken at a different institute will NOT replace the original grade. Withdrawls have no effect on GPA and I amnot sure about incompletes.
medmom

hylacinerea

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
Status
I took a couple of classes at a community college in 1996. When I finally started my fulltime undergraduate studies four years later at a university in a different state I had to repeat one of the courses -English 101 no less. Apparently English 101 had incurred significant advances during the previous four years:) Anyway, when I submitted my aacom application, my newest grade was the one that was calculated into my aacom gpa. Both courses had the same designation though, (engl 101). I don't know if that had anything to do with it.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads