Help needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

careerchngr

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
Any help with the following questions is greatly appreciated. I know that AACOMAS will take the most recent grades for a retaken class when computing the AACOMAS GPA. If I am repeating my science prereqs for application to DO school (since I took the originals back in 1995), but I am taking them at a different four year institution, will they still count as retaken classes even though the course titles are different? Also how do they calculate incompletes and withdrawals in a class if no grade was ever given? THanks

Members don't see this ad.

I was told this morning that classes retaken at a different institute will NOT replace the original grade. Withdrawls have no effect on GPA and I amnot sure about incompletes.
medmom

medmom said:
I was told this morning that classes retaken at a different institute will NOT replace the original grade

That is my understanding too.

I took a couple of classes at a community college in 1996. When I finally started my fulltime undergraduate studies four years later at a university in a different state I had to repeat one of the courses -English 101 no less. Apparently English 101 had incurred significant advances during the previous four years:) Anyway, when I submitted my aacom application, my newest grade was the one that was calculated into my aacom gpa. Both courses had the same designation though, (engl 101). I don't know if that had anything to do with it.