help: neurology program comparison (rank list)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

goodbadveryugly

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Could you please share some information about the following programs? How would you rank them solely based on the quality of the program, NOT location or weather. Thank you very much!

Loma Linda University
Tulane University
SUNY Downstate
Rutgers NJMS
Allegheny General Hospital (Pittsburgh, PA)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I can only comment about Tulane. I will write a more complete interview eval later, but I would say it's a good program for stroke (and as always epilepsy). I cannot compare it to the others however (although sounds nicer than Rutgers from what I've heard on the trail, but not as sweet as Loma Linda). It is a very busy program, and you'll have lots of work to do. The faculty are pretty cool though. They're building a huge flagship VA, so that'll be nice for some outpt clinics. Any other specific concerns? New Orleans is dope, yo.

I can only comment about Tulane. I will write a more complete interview eval later, but I would say it's a good program for stroke (and as always epilepsy). I cannot compare it to the others however (although sounds nicer than Rutgers from what I've heard on the trail, but not as sweet as Loma Linda). It is a very busy program, and you'll have lots of work to do. The faculty are pretty cool though. They're building a huge flagship VA, so that'll be nice for some outpt clinics. Any other specific concerns? New Orleans is dope, yo.

Thank you for the input. It is very helpful. I have no other concerns.

Last edited:
Somebody please start posting interview impressions in that section of the forum. A lot of people have been asking how to rank programs they've interviewed at and it might be a bit helpful if people gave reviews on those programs to help guide the ranking process.

Reactions: 1 users