Help!No dollar, no pound, how can I get the book "First aid for the usmle step 1/2" ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yikker

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Where can I get the book "First aid for the usmle step 1/2" whatever version it is!

:pity: :pity:

Members don't see this ad.

That does kind of make it difficult. Any relatives outside of China? This is kind of a wild idea, but certainly people visit China from the U.S. Perhaps you could find someone that will be visiting and be willing to buy the book for you, and bring it to China and get it to you (via mail or otherwise) in exchange for Yuan that they could spend while in China.

Best of luck...

Members don't see this ad :)
4 things you could look into......

Are you totally sure they don't sell it anywhere in China? We have very few people who take the USMLE but I still found it sitting there in my university book store. I mean, it's a cool book. Even if you were NOT taking step 1, it would be a nice review of what you learned in the basic science years.

Buy it from an older student. Or ask someone who took the USMLE how he got his (if you want the newest version, which is kind of important).

Can you get a money order made (or international cheque or something like that)?

Call blackwell scinece publishing or write them an email. If they want to sell books (and they DO), they'll be able to give you the best advice.

Good luck.

ps. You need more than First Aid for the tests. The hard part of being a foreigner taking the USMLE is not knowing what to study, it's knowing what NOT to study.

Are you in Copenhagen? Can you help us ?
First, we need a person whom had took the usmle test to tell us something morel. There are some forums about this topic in internet station in Chinese. But no one knows the test's detail, no one knows how to prepare the test step by step.

Second, we want to know exactly where and how to get the material for test. In order to taking the test, we all are anxious to get some books to review. However, no dallar,no pound.......we are unable to get anything at all but a dream.

More and more medical students have the same dream to be a doctor in American ever if it's a long way. But allow for the situation in our country, this way is too long.

:(

Yikker,

that's a pretty stressful situation you're in. I'm in no way an expert. I took step 1 this week. I think I know what you're going through. No one knows anything about the USMLE here, either. I was, however, able to buy first aid. Once you have that, you can trust the advice in there. I think most people will agree that "First Aid" is THE best book for Steo 1. It has a whole section about other review books.

I realize part of your problem is to get all these books. I bought most of mine on the internet but without a credit card that might be tough. No, actually, I bought most of my books through a site that billed me afterwards. So I didn't even need the credit card.

Anyway, if you need any advice, feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] if you have any quesitons or if you just want to scream at the system.

Take care.

ps. yeah, I'm in Copenhagen. A little city that's probably on the way opposite side of the planet from you. I'm surprised you even heard of it.