Help on Neuro CAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

residenttobe

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have 2 questions :

1. Regarding the transcripts, should I send the original even if it's printed on security paper? I heard there can be some problems with scanning if it's printed on security paper. Should I just send an 8 1/2 x 11 photocopy?

2. Any thoughts on how many programs should I apply to? I am an IMG.

Thank you. Any advice would help.

Members don't see this ad.

hadn't thought of this, my undergrad transcript seems to be on some paper that makes photocopying difficult. I think it's safe to assume that they've dealt with these sorts of transcripts, many times. I'm just going to send it as is since they ask fr an official transcript(anything else wouldt be official).
scm

i dunno how many programs, I'm in a us med school, applying to about 15 or so I think, plus some prelim places w/out neuro programs

Thanks for that. I think I read from the CAS manual (or was it the ERAS manual) that they don't accept security paper because it's hard to scan.

Members don't see this ad :)
ERAS doesn't accept security paper. You have to get an official transcript on white paper (yeah, I know that the special paper is what makes it official to begin with). Most registrars have dealt with this in the past and will know what to do.

For the SF Match, just a regular old official transcript is good.

Have another question. Does anyone here know how I can use my credit card for the CAS payment? Thanks.