help!!! part 1 get 75! what should i do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fmx89591277

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
:mad:this afternoon, i get my part 1 score, it is 75!:mad:

what should i do? I need to give up my dream to be a dentist in US. This is the final score for part 1 and i cannot retake it.:mad:

there are any way to save me?

help!:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

I would suggest you to ace the DAT exam and apply for the 4 year programs (regular programs).

what should i do? I need to give up my dream to be a dentist in US. This is the final score for part 1 and i cannot retake it.:mad:

I think you should study for part 2 and apply to schools in 2012 as your numerical score won't matter anymore. They are changing it to Pass/Fail and that is how your score will be reported in 2012. Don't loose hope!:)

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you should study for part 2 and apply to schools in 2012 as your numerical score won't matter anymore. They are changing it to Pass/Fail and that is how your score will be reported in 2012. Don't loose hope!:)
appear for part-2 n try to get good scores, do some preceptorship and keep applying for programs where ever you qualify

yeah 3rdorder do what endodontia says..
dont lose hope,,i know how u feel,, but still fight till the end ,,go for part 2 ,,work as a dental assistant for now its gona help for ur resume...
r u a permanent green card holder ???? ive been told it helps if u are one !!!
anyway good luck !!
NEVER GIVE UP !

thanks, I am a green card holder. I will take part 2.

thanks again.

yeah 3rdorder do what endodontia says..
dont lose hope,,i know how u feel,, but still fight till the end ,,go for part 2 ,,work as a dental assistant for now its gona help for ur resume...
r u a permanent green card holder ???? ive been told it helps if u are one !!!
anyway good luck !!
NEVER GIVE UP !

thanks, I am a green card holder. I will take part 2.

thanks again.

i would also suggest try to make ur application look stronger by doing part 2 ,any ce courses and perceptorship programs do dental assisant ship job showing that u have some experience in US hope it helps goodluck

definately take part II, don't worry there are going to be a lot of people in the same position as you are, being that there will be no more retake of the exam. Don't lose heart! There are times where I just want to give up but we have to hold our head high and continue pursuing our dreams.

I agree with others. Take part II and aim for high score. Some dental schools will waive for DAT score if you have taken part I and II and apply for 4 years program.

I am in the same position. I took part I 6 yrs ago and scored 74. I am taking it again in few weeks, hopefully I will pass.....

If you don't mind sharing, how long did you prepare for your exam and how many hours a day you studied ?

Thanks so much

good luck Blissonearth! HOpe you ace your part I this time!