Help please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jlp2747

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got my mcat score back which was a 483. It was so low due to being busy with school and life in general. I was given an interview with temple before my scores came out. Now that I know what my score was I dont know if I should still schedule an interview or if I should just take a gap year and retake the mcat? Any advice is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

It doesn't hurt to try, 483 isn't going to help, but you already paid the application fee so go for it.

Reactions: 1 users
For your next re-take, consider part time work (<15hrs a week) and full time MCAT grinding.
You will live like a hermit but it is worth the MCAT bump. You need to be 100% focused.

Members don't see this ad :)
Might as well go in my opinion if you have the funds. Really try to shine during that interview, that's all you can do.

I just got my mcat score back which was a 483. It was so low due to being busy with school and life in general. I was given an interview with temple before my scores came out. Now that I know what my score was I dont know if I should still schedule an interview or if I should just take a gap year and retake the mcat? Any advice is appreciated.

To be honest, I can't see them accepting that low of an mcat score, unless you have like a 4.0 gpa with great extracurriculars and doing well on the interview.

If you have the money and time, then you might as well go for it and see what the school is like for yourself. In the meantime, I would highly suggest planning to a retake.

I agree with the above statement,

Podiatry schools accept some pretty low MCAT scores. Sometimes embarrassingly low scores. But a 483 isn't even in the realm of reality.

Did you fall asleep during the test? I think even guessing can get you to a 490

If you haven't yet, make sure Temple knows what you scored and then see what they think. If it's too low they'll let you know instead of wasting your time and theirs.

Sent from my Pixel using SDN mobile