Help me out, please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

High Life

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello..... could some of you comment your opinions on my future schedule? Would help me a lot, since i don't have any friends in college. I currently have around 50 credits. I took Anatomy & Physiology with other 4 classes in one semester, Didn't seem difficult at all. Finished with 4 A's and 1 B because my final research paper for my English class got deleted mistakenly. With that said, I'm sure I can handle the workload.

Spring 2017- Biology 1, Chemistry 1, and physics 1 All with labs (thinking about adding intro. to sociology).
Summer 1- Chemistry 2 (taking this in the summer to be able to take Organic Chemistry).
Summer 2- Intro. to sociology or maybe the second part of biology or physics.
Fall 2017- Biology 2, physics 2, Organic Chemistry 1
Spring 2018- Organic Chemistry 2, Biochemistry, microbiology

After I finish all pre-required courses, I should have around 90 Credits. I will than start studying for the MCAT (May, June, July) and take the MCAT during August. I will continue taking course to finish my major (Biology) Fall 2018, while I wait to see if I get any interviews.

Does this seem like a realistic plan? Is applying and sending my resume during early September (2018) to all Pod schools a good idea? Thanks in advanced to all!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm in your same boat, just a little ahead! (applying with ~90 credits fall 2017) From the advice I got on here your schedule is fine and should work out, just be sure you can handle that heavy science workload

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Hello..... could some of you comment your opinions on my future schedule? Would help me a lot, since i don't have any friends in college. I currently have around 50 credits. I took Anatomy & Physiology with other 4 classes in one semester, Didn't seem difficult at all. Finished with 4 A's and 1 B because my final research paper for my English class got deleted mistakenly. With that said, I'm sure I can handle the workload.

Spring 2017- Biology 1, Chemistry 1, and physics 1 All with labs (thinking about adding intro. to sociology).
Summer 1- Chemistry 2 (taking this in the summer to be able to take Organic Chemistry).
Summer 2- Intro. to sociology or maybe the second part of biology or physics.
Fall 2017- Biology 2, physics 2, Organic Chemistry 1
Spring 2018- Organic Chemistry 2, Biochemistry, microbiology

After I finish all pre-required courses, I should have around 90 Credits. I will than start studying for the MCAT (May, June, July) and take the MCAT during August. I will continue taking course to finish my major (Biology) Fall 2018, while I wait to see if I get any interviews.

Does this seem like a realistic plan? Is applying and sending my resume during early September (2018) to all Pod schools a good idea? Thanks in advanced to all!

Wow....

when do you plan to matriculate / start pod school?

On paper, your schedule is definitely possible. People do it all the time. Just be careful and watch out for burnout, stress from such an intense schedule.

finally, I believe I read it in there that you don't have any friends. Is that due to not wanting to associate with the people at your school, or you have bad social skills?

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow....

when do you plan to matriculate / start pod school?

On paper, your schedule is definitely possible. People do it all the time. Just be careful and watch out for burnout, stress from such an intense schedule.

finally, I believe I read it in there that you don't have any friends. Is that due to not wanting to associate with the people at your school, or you have bad social skills?

Well, if I get an interview and get accepted, my guess is I will start on August 2019? That should give me enough time to obtain my Biology degree before starting Pod school. I have good social skills, its just that I like to just go to school and back home. Also, I haven't met any students I share the same passion with. But hey, I'm starting my pre-med courses this semester, I might find a friend or two. Which would be nice since we can help each other out throughout our journey.

You'll be applying in the '18/'19 cycle if you want to start in fall 2019. So you wouldn't really have to cram as you're not under the pressure of time to get everything ready.

You can take your MCAT in 2017, 2018, or 2019 and still send your app in on time to matriculate in fall '19.

Sounds like you commute from home to school. That experience sways some people from getting too involved socially on campus. And yeah, you'll certainly meet friends when you dive into the pre-med courses. Lab partners, fellow premeds, pre-PAs, etc.,

It's great that you have so much drive and dedication to school. I actually envy it a bit and wish I would have been like that back in college.

But just be alert for burnout though. Once you start feeling overwhelmed just remember you can stretch your schedule out a bit and don't have to cram. And you can still have everything ready to apply for 2019.

If you can handle the course load, go ahead and do it!