Help PLEASE!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrHopeful

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have checked several websites of Eastern European schools. I've emailed them requesting information, but I've never received any answer (except for one school).
What's going on? Are there websites functional? I am particularly interested in English MD programs at the Russian schools, St. Petersburg, Moscow, or any other Russian Med school that's halfway decent. I have also contacted the Latvian, and Lithuanian ones, again no answer!?? I am particularly interested in the low cost of the Russian, and Lithuanian schools. Could anyone help me in this matter? Do you know anyone at these schools whom I can contact? Again as I mentioned above my driving force for applying at these schools is the cost. So if you know of any other low cost tuition schools please let me know. I am not interested in the Czech, or Polish schools as these are expensive. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

1. Phone

2. Postal mail

3. E-mail

You have requested this information using their own language, of course.

There is an English saying: penny wise, pound foolish. Trying to save money by studying in those countries may end up costing you far more than you think, not in tuition and living expenses, but in passing four (instead of three) parts of the USMLE, getting licensed in the US, and your ability to get the kind of residency you want. You will be at the end of the line when the residency plums are handed out.

There is a respectable medical school in Poland seeking US students. Your premedical advisor will have the details.

Members don't see this ad :)
What do you mean by four parts of the USMLE?
I thought the USMLE was made of 3 parts?

It will be five parts: the CSA is a fifth one.

IT also depends whom did you contact: secretary or the dean himself. Anotehr school is in Estonia, U of Tartu, they respond well

i go to school in prague, and i really can't imagine it being considered expensive. tuition is $10500, and you qualify for $18500 in stafford loans. the remaianing money is plenty to live off for a year. i mean, rent is around $150 a month, a great dinner and night of boozing is around $20 max. beer is 20 cents a pint, for the love of god. i am getting misty eyed now, i think i am ready for school to start again! if you are interested, czech (ha, i couldn't resist!) out the web page at: www.lf1.cuni.cz
good luck!

neil

5 parts???
Thats news to me.....

Step 1
Step 2
CSA
Step 3...

thats 4, unless you count TOEFL

Originally posted by Doctor_Joyce_Brutha:
•5 parts???
Thats news to me.....

Step 1
Step 2
CSA
Step 3...

thats 4, unless you count TOEFL•

Yep, I counted TOEFL, nothing in comparison with previous but still a test, what you cannot fail even if English is your second language and you are not an idiot (meaning you study for USMLE and supposed to learn English)