help please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmacyhope1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
can any one please help me deciding what should I do ?
I am from Egypt and I have done 4yrs out of 5 yrs program in school of pharmacy in Egypt so I have 1yr left overthere .I left school in 2000 and I recently contacted the school in Egypt and they said they would take me back for the last year. Do you think after I come back in 2010 with my degree I would be eligible for the FPGEE I am soooo woried as they said it had to be 5 years of contenious education please reply.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
The Bulletin doesn't mention any restrictions of your number of years completing the 5-year pharmacy curriculum at the time of graduation. You should check with NABP.

However, if I had the authority, you would face a hard time of either giving a valid reason of that 9 year gap or accepting a rejection. Honestly, come on, 9 years??? It's unbelievable and questionable how your school can even allow that.

The Bulletin doesn't mention any restrictions of your number of years completing the 5-year pharmacy curriculum at the time of graduation. You should check with NABP.

However, if I had the authority, you would face a hard time of either giving a valid reason of that 9 year gap or accepting a rejection. Honestly, come on, 9 years??? It's unbelievable and questionable how your school can even allow that.

believe me. I had my reasons and also I have been trying in the past three years to get back to the pharmacy program but I couldn't even though my GPA is 3.82 but now, I will graduate in May from a major university in USA and I will have a degree in a biological science major and also a minor in chemistry, and I already have passed the TOEFL once in order for me to get accepted into the University. So do you think that I have to take it over again, if I took my degree from my country? Thanks again for your help and your reply

So you've been spending these 9 years to obtain 2 majors from one of the US universities?

Now you plan to go back for that 5th/final year, which should have been completed 9 years ago, to obtain the pharmacy degree?

Your case is complex. Go ask your pharmacy school; they're supposed to know the requirements. Or contact FPGEC directly http://www.nabp.net/ftpfiles/bulletins/FPGECAppRegBulletin.pdf. Read it yourself.

I don't have the answer.