HELP PLS! Endo residency question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CAA1234

Reaction score
Hi all,

Thank you for taking the time to read and answer this thread! I am a 3rd year dental student at Case western. I am interested in applying to an endo residency; however, would prefer to apply w/o the ADAT. I’m not a strong “standardized test taker” if you will, but my grades and school involvement make up for that. For example, a program I would mainly be interested in would be UMich, which states that ADAT is not required. But, I am wondering if any of you endo residents have actually been accepted to a program without an ADAT score? Just want to know my chances before applying and see if I should consider taking the ADAT. Thanks again!

Members don't see this ad.

When I applied back in 2020, the majority of programs did not require the ADAT. I ended up applying to around 30 or so programs, none of which required the ADAT. I'm not sure what it's like now, but I feel like the amount of programs that want the ADAT is still pretty low.

Reactions: 2 users
I got in without taking the ADAT

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You should check program finder in PASS . It’s on the left side. There are not lots of schools required that. In the “ program finder” you will find all the requirements for all programs

Reactions: 1 user
Only if you don't mind sharing, what were your stats? Are you a graduating 4th year or do you have other residency/private practice experience? thank you again!
graduating 4th year.
3.9gpa, had lots of leadership position in dental school, shadowed couple endodontists, did the most endo procedures in my class,
I think strong personal statement and great LOR go a long way

Reactions: 1 users
graduating 4th year.
3.9gpa, had lots of leadership position in dental school, shadowed couple endodontists, did the most endo procedures in my class,
I think strong personal statement and great LOR go a long way
That’s awesome! Congrats and thanks for the help!