Help!! Post bacc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

likwidscorpion

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hopefully someone can help me out. I am considering on applying to medical school sometime for Fall 2008 or 2009. I was a pre-med in college graduated in 2002. However, my grades were horrible (2.9 BCPM, 3.17 Overall UCLA, Anthropology), then did MPH (3.24). Are my science grades too old (did them around 1998-2000) that I can apply to post-bacc programs at USC or Scripps since they require you to have limited science background. Does having old classes count. I've applied for the California UC Post-baccs but not sure if I'll be getting in. I just want to know if I have to create my own post-bacc program or what.. I live in LA.

Members don't see this ad.

That is a good question. I am not sure. If there are some programs that you are interested in that require students to have "limited science backgroud," I suggest that you have those schools a call or send an email asking them about your situation. Also, you should look into special master's programs, as well. http://services.aamc.org/postbac/ <-- that is a link where you can search for programs :)