Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Help!! Post bacc

Discussion in 'Postbaccalaureate Programs' started by likwidscorpion, Apr 12, 2007.

1. likwidscorpion

likwidscorpion Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hopefully someone can help me out. I am considering on applying to medical school sometime for Fall 2008 or 2009. I was a pre-med in college graduated in 2002. However, my grades were horrible (2.9 BCPM, 3.17 Overall UCLA, Anthropology), then did MPH (3.24). Are my science grades too old (did them around 1998-2000) that I can apply to post-bacc programs at USC or Scripps since they require you to have limited science background. Does having old classes count. I've applied for the California UC Post-baccs but not sure if I'll be getting in. I just want to know if I have to create my own post-bacc program or what.. I live in LA.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. njbmd

njbmd Guest
    Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Moving to Post Bacc Forum.

4. DrSumdae

7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    That is a good question. I am not sure. If there are some programs that you are interested in that require students to have "limited science backgroud," I suggest that you have those schools a call or send an email asking them about your situation. Also, you should look into special master's programs, as well. http://services.aamc.org/postbac/ <-- that is a link where you can search for programs :)