Help! Questions about timing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ppaa

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I'm taking the DAT on June 28th and I'm doing an assisting experience on June 30th (should be 1 of the top 6 experiences for me), should I wait to turn in the app on July 1st or submit it asap and send all the school's I have applied to an update at the beginning of July. I also plan on shadowing more in July so I would need to send an another update at the end of July again.

Also, I thought I was applying with a 3.67 GPA but when I was in high school, I took calc II (B) calc III (B) and linear algebra (A)...I didn't realize it would count towards my overall GPA for AADSAS, do you think it would affect my chances greatly since it will probably bring me down to maybe a 3.60?

Please let me know what you think!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys! I'm taking the DAT on June 28th and I'm doing an assisting experience on June 30th (should be 1 of the top 6 experiences for me), should I wait to turn in the app on July 1st or submit it asap and send all the school's I have applied to an update at the beginning of July. I also plan on shadowing more in July so I would need to send an another update at the end of July again.

Also, I thought I was applying with a 3.67 GPA but when I was in high school, I took calc II (B) calc III (B) and linear algebra (A)...I didn't realize it would count towards my overall GPA for AADSAS, do you think it would affect my chances greatly since it will probably bring me down to maybe a 3.60?

Please let me know what you think!

Apply immediately.

And no the diff between a 3.67 and 3.6 isn't that much, both are still above average for most schools

Apply immediately.

And no the diff between a 3.67 and 3.6 isn't that much, both are still above average for most schools

I took AP physics, AP calc, and AP chem, they factor into my GPA? I didn't know that? So AADSAS will show me a GPA different then what my college has?

Op, I second the fact that you should definitely apply asap. You're still in great shape. Good luck and keep your head up!

Members don't see this ad :)
I took AP physics, AP calc, and AP chem, they factor into my GPA? I didn't know that? So AADSAS will show me a GPA different then what my college has?

Op, I second the fact that you should definitely apply asap. You're still in great shape. Good luck and keep your head up!

No the AP credits don't factor into your GPA, they wouldn't know what grade you received anyway unless they had your HS transcript.

yep, linear algebra is another story because that's not an AP class so it may count into your college GPA depending on whether you took it at a community college or something, but all other AP classes do not count into your GPA

Apply immediately.

There are 5 schools I know for sure I am interested in for sure and am planning to apply to asap. I feel like I should apply to 10-12 schools...do you think it would be okay for me to wait on deciding the rest after i get my DAT score so I can figure out where I should apply or do it now as well?

There are 5 schools I know for sure I am interested in for sure and am planning to apply to asap. I feel like I should apply to 10-12 schools...do you think it would be okay for me to wait on deciding the rest after i get my DAT score so I can figure out where I should apply or do it now as well?

If you do not anticipate in getting a 22+, I'd just go ahead and apply to 10 schools now

If you do not anticipate in getting a 22+, I'd just go ahead and apply to 10 schools now

do you have any recommendations for schools to apply to? I'm a virginia resident and right now I'm for sure applying to VCU, Maryland, Pitt, Temple, Louisville and I was think about Nova, LECOM, Boston. Some people suggest tufts, ohio state, kentucky and usc but I def need to do more research on those schools.

do you have any recommendations for schools to apply to? I'm a virginia resident and right now I'm for sure applying to VCU, Maryland, Pitt, Temple, Louisville and I was think about Nova, LECOM, Boston. Some people suggest tufts, ohio state, kentucky and usc but I def need to do more research on those schools.

Your first 5 are excellent choices. I personally wasn't a fan of nova and Tufts when I interviewed in those places, but your mileage may vary. I know some people who love those two schools.

Do some research on UDM, Boston, Case Western, Marquette, NYU, MWU-AZ, and UNLV!

Reactions: 1 user
I also plan on shadowing more in July so I would need to send an another update at the end of July again.

You can only update your application once after it's submitted, during the academic update period (which doesn't open until November) and I'm pretty sure it's restricted to grade updates to courses you marked as planned:

"During the Academic Update period, applicants can enter grades earned for courses that were listed in the “Course Planned/In Progress” section of the application and add, delete or modify courses listed in that section."

You can only update your application once after it's submitted, during the academic update period (which doesn't open until November) and I'm pretty sure it's restricted to grade updates to courses you marked as planned:

"During the Academic Update period, applicants can enter grades earned for courses that were listed in the “Course Planned/In Progress” section of the application and add, delete or modify courses listed in that section."

It says this on AADSAS, so I think I should be able to update my experience section but I'm not sure if there is a time limit to when I can't add more. "You may update the information in this section at any time prior to submission. Once you have submitted, you will be able to add more Experiences, but you will not be able to update or delete completed Experiences."