Help rank the strength of clinical rotations of SGU, Ross, AUC, and Saba

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

enlightenedbb

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm considering going to the Carribean for school.

I'm comparing the big 4 and I would like to learn more about both the number and the strength of clinical rotation spots provided by SGU, Ross, AUC, and Saba to their students from anyone who has knowledge of such matters.

It would also be great to hear from current students at any of these schools about how smooth it was for you to schedule your 3rd and 4th year rotations? Did the schools help you do that? Did you have to get rotations on your own?

Thank you very much!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, I'm considering going to the Carribean for school.

I'm comparing the big 4 and I would like to learn more about both the number and the strength of clinical rotation spots provided by SGU, Ross, AUC, and Saba to their students from anyone who has knowledge of such matters.

It would also be great to hear from current students at any of these schools about how smooth it was for you to schedule your 3rd and 4th year rotations? Did the schools help you do that? Did you have to get rotations on your own?

Thank you very much!

I can only speak for SGU. We have as many clinical spots as we have students. SGU has paid a lot of money and contracted with its hospitals, so we have (for the duration of the present contracts, anyway) guaranteed clinical placements. The class size is intentionally kept below the number of clinical spots available.

A list of clinical centers can be found here. I will leave the research up to you. Various hospitals are stronger in various specialities. I've heard Hackensack in NJ and St. Johns in MI are the most well-known, but I can't offer any evidence of that.

For students rotating in clinical centers, our 3rd year schedule is set for us from day 1, we have no say in it. For 4th year, you may schedule your own at any hospital that will accept you, or follow a pre-planned schedule. Some opt to set their own schedule in 3rd year, but this creates a lot of problems and becomes very expensive. There is a time limit that you must complete your rotations within, and students that schedule their own often run into problems. You may finish a rotation on Friday afternoon in Miami, FL and have to start a new one on Monday morning in Brooklyn, NY. There is an office of clinical education that can help with scheduling, though. If you go to a clinical center, you can do all of your rotations through a single hospital system in the same city.