HELP!!! SHOULD I PUSH MY DATE?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dreammedschool

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I really need help deciding whether I should push back my STEP 1 date. NBME 15 baseline (50 days ago)- 150, NBME 17 (33 days ago)- 173, USMLE free test ( 17 days ago)- 63 percent (conversion of this correlates to 185), NBME 16 (4 days ago)- 196. I am 75 percent through UWORLD first pass. Scheduled for test in 2 weeks. If I push my date, I would have to take my first rotations off after going to orientation! I am still finishing content first pass. I want to get around a 230. I just wanted to know what the best option for me is? Pushing rotations would mean I will have to make it up during fourth year (Idk the consequences of that). I feel like I can do it but its taking longer than I thought it would.
 
Failing the test is worse than delaying it. You are in a bad situation - having the test in 2 weeks, while you haven't completed reviewing the content and not having passing scores. I would delay it