Help!! Still need to take DAT...when to take it?

brush n floss

Jun 9, 2011
    I still have to take my DAT, but I am also currently enrolled in Organic Chem 2. We can choose to take the OChem final on July 15th or July 20th. I think I will be prepared to take the DAT around the same time, but I don't want to take them back-to-back. The only available DAT dates are July 13, 15, 18, 19, 26. What would you do?

dentalWorks

Nights Watchmen
    10+ Year Member
    Jun 25, 2009
    Sterling Hts, Mi
    1. Dentist
      I still have to take my DAT, but I am also currently enrolled in Organic Chem 2. We can choose to take the OChem final on July 15th or July 20th. I think I will be prepared to take the DAT around the same time, but I don't want to take them back-to-back. The only available DAT dates are July 13, 15, 18, 19, 26. What would you do?

Me = July 13th DAT
      Orgo = July 20th

about 1 week between them.

Cruising along
      Dec 25, 2010
      Las Vegas
      1. Pre-Dental

ochem 15th and DAT 26th, u will very grateful having just that extra week of DAT hammer time

About the Ads

Osity

5+ Year Member
        Dec 1, 2010
        1. Dental Student
          O-Chem: July 15
          DAT: July 26

An extra two weeks at this point will not make a huge difference for you, but and extra 10 days to review for the DAT will. O-Chem will be fresh on your mind, so you should be able to just study for the other sections.

Canard

Apr 2, 2011
          1. Pre-Dental
            So this is assuming, you have already studied for all other section of the DAT, then you should take final on July 15th and take DAT on july 26th.

But if that is not the case then later dates

uldental

Jun 11, 2011
            Southern California
            1. Dental Student
              Oh yeah, and I agree with 104, take OCHEM 15th and DAT 26th.
              It turns out it takes weeks to get your DAT score up onto AADSAS and so I don't think that one week separation will make much difference anyway, and having ochem fresh is always a good thing before you take your DAT. Plus DAT q's are relatively simple- most likely nothing close to what you'll be tested on for your final, so you need to take that break from 'over-thinking-mode' to strategy-mode. Anyway, good luck on both!

About the Ads
              This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
              2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
              5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
              6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              7. This thread is locked.