HELP - To Go or Not to Go?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gttngdsprt

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview scheduled for this week, during my finals week, at a school that is not one of my top choices. Although I do not yet have any acceptances I have interviewed at many schools I would rather go to and am either waiting to hear or have been put on waitlist things. I do not want to spend the money and time fly to this interview but what if I end up not getting in anywhere else?

Other important notes: I already postponed this interview once, they have a preference for in-state and I am not, and I know this risks sounding really obnoxious but my stats are considerably higher than the average at the school -- my point is that I may already have communicated to them that I wouldn't come even if they accepted me.

OPINIONS? Should I go or not?

Members don't see this ad.

gttngdsprt said:
I have an interview scheduled for this week, during my finals week, at a school that is not one of my top choices. Although I do not yet have any acceptances I have interviewed at many schools I would rather go to and am either waiting to hear or have been put on waitlist things. I do not want to spend the money and time fly to this interview but what if I end up not getting in anywhere else?

Other important notes: I already postponed this interview once, they have a preference for in-state and I am not, and I know this risks sounding really obnoxious but my stats are considerably higher than the average at the school -- my point is that I may already have communicated to them that I wouldn't come even if they accepted me.

I would attend every scheduled interview until you have an acceptance in your hand. You can pick and choose after.

Jason

Jason110 said:
I would attend every scheduled interview until you have an acceptance in your hand. You can pick and choose after.

Jason

Agreed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Eiko said:

Me three. Stats, schmats. As seen on this site, it's more about one's stats. Also, you can study on the plane - it's probably going to be a bit stressful, but wouldn't you rather go now and not kick yourself later? Just my two cents. Good luck!

why would you reschedule an interview for the week of your finals?
ugh.gif

gttngdsprt said:

Absolutely do not go to an interview if you wouldn't attend the school if accepted. What a silly little drama you've concocted.

If you need your ego stroked go ahead and interview. But it seems like a waste of money if you won't go to that school.

gttngdsprt said:

If you only got accepted there, would you go or reapply next year? If you don't have any other acceptances and you would go there rather than reapply, obviously go to the interview.