Help! Transcript to PhorCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looking to send my transcripts to PhorCAS now. I went to the same university for my undergrad and pharmacy school so I can send a full transcript with both, or my pharmacy school only. I'm not exactly sure which residencies I'm applying to yet so there is a possibility I may apply to one that requires undergrad grades. If I send a transcript with my undergrad grades to residencies that don't require one, could it potentially work against me? Should I just pay more to send 2 separate transcripts (one with both, and one with pharmacy only) or sending one full one everywhere will be fine?

Members don't see this ad.

Looking to send my transcripts to PhorCAS now. I went to the same university for my undergrad and pharmacy school so I can send a full transcript with both, or my pharmacy school only. I'm not exactly sure which residencies I'm applying to yet so there is a possibility I may apply to one that requires undergrad grades. If I send a transcript with my undergrad grades to residencies that don't require one, could it potentially work against me? Should I just pay more to send 2 separate transcripts (one with both, and one with pharmacy only) or sending one full one everywhere will be fine?

When I applied last year, my university sent my undergraduate and pharmacy grades to all of the programs I applied to. This was due to an error in their transcript office where my request to only have pharmacy grades sent was not captured. The end result?

Only 1 interviewer asked me about a grade I got in an undergraduate course. Said interviewer is a good friend of mine and also was one of my APPE rotation preceptors. She also wrote my letter of recommendation. She also took the same course and got the same grade years before and was pulling my leg. A second interviewer thought the first was ridiculous for asking.

I highly doubt anyone cares about your undergrad grades but if you can avoid having it sent, I would encourage you to not send it. This obviously does not apply to programs that specifically ask for that. If you do choose to send, remember that any question is fair game so do be prepared to speak about anything. Including that C I got in my liberal arts elective 7 years prior to applying. If they give you a hard time about that though, please seriously consider whether a program like that is worth it or not.