Help! USMLE Release

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hi, I'm a DO student who has applied for the Osteopathic Match and the Allopathic Match. I initially did not include my USMLE when first applying for the Osteopathic Match because I didn't think we would be using the same CAF form. I submitted my USMLE ID but under "Examinations" I still only have my COMLEX listed and can't add my USMLE exam information because I saved my CAF one month ago for the Osteo Match. Am I screwed or what? :(

Members don't see this ad.

Isn't it very likely that you'll get pulled from the NRMP anyway?

Actually I just applied for osteopathic internship programs and I'm going for Anesthesiology allopathic residency programs. I didn't include my USMLE information in the CAF initially because I was applying for the osteopathic programs one month ago. I didn't realize the same CAF will be used for both matches. Oh well, anyone know what to do now?

I was actually wondering about this....I am also a D.O. student and I took the USMLE 2 in August but wanted to wait to get them back to see if I want to sumbit them or not. On ERAS, do I need to fill in the USMLE ID and list it under exams as "awaiting results" and then submit it later? Is it impossible to edit you CAF once you submit it to programs?...Toast, it sounds like you tried to go back and add it but you could not?

bostongirl22 said:
I was actually wondering about this....I am also a D.O. student and I took the USMLE 2 in August but wanted to wait to get them back to see if I want to sumbit them or not. On ERAS, do I need to fill in the USMLE ID and list it under exams as "awaiting results" and then submit it later? Is it impossible to edit you CAF once you submit it to programs?...Toast, it sounds like you tried to go back and add it but you could not?

You can alter any part of ERAS but CAF. Just contact the programs, send e-mails or Fax your USMLE transcripts. Whatever you do, your transcripts will land in your file. Don't freek out because you cannot change CAF. Just little extra work to do. Good luck.

GasMD thanks for the advice! I just called myERAS and they said not to freak out too, I can still send my USMLE transcript and I can explain during interviews that there was a little error on my CAF. Not a big deal.