Help! What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Premed979

Reaction score
Hello! I have a 3.63 overall and around a 3.5ish science so far. I have not taken my MCAT at this time. Unfortunately, I am worried because I obtained 3 C’s my freshman year but I have had an upward trend since (I was dealing with a family illness at the time). I also have one W for organic that was retaken with a B. I have one “incomplete” in a pass/fail class (THIS IS MY BIGGEST WORRY) that I just found out that I would get due to time constraints with my schedule. I have to wait an extra month for graduation to present a project that would make me pass this class which is just a presentation class. By the time the grade posts, it would be August of the year I am applying and I am applying in June. Therefore it would be an “I” when I put in my AMCAS application

Extracurricular:
Over 100 hours of organic research
Over 5000 hours of job shadowing in the hospital
I worked in two ERs and I am an EMT
American Cancer Society volunteer
Pre medical club leadership position

My chances? I am applying in state

Members don't see this ad.

5000 hours of shadowing??? (Stop shadowing if you really have 5000 hours. Actually anything over 50 is overkill.)Any clinical experience(not shadowing) or non clinical volunteering to the unserved/underserved in your community? When do you plan to apply? We really can’t give you any predictions without the MCAT score.
Are you applying MD, DO or both?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Over 5000 hours of job shadowing in the hospital

That’s hard to believe. If you shadowed during your first three years of college (it sounds like you’re starting senior year), then that would mean that you’ve shadowed over 32 hours per week, 52 weeks per year, during your freshman, sophomore, and junior years.

Reactions: 1 users
That’s hard to believe. If you shadowed during your first three years of college (it sounds like you’re starting senior year), then that would mean that you’ve shadowed over 32 hours per week, 52 weeks per year, during your freshman, sophomore, and junior years.

I feel like alot of people exaggerate their stats on WAMC, 5000 physician hours shadowing just sounds ridiculous. What are you considering shadowing ? How did you manage that many hours in undergrad ? AND most importantly did you REALLY need that many hours to see if being a physician is a good fit for you ?

5000 hours of shadowing?

Your extracurriculars are stale. Nothing interesting. 5000 hours seems very exaggerated. You should’ve deadicated those hours to serving underserved groups and other interesting co/extracurricular activities.

MCAT?

School list?

Reactions: 1 user