Help!!! What are my chances...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CaNEM

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
... of going absolutely insane if I see another thread with this title.

Members don't see this ad.

aaww come on now. I assume you are already in medical school but can't you remember how hard the process is/was for you too? I am sure that we have all been weak a few times and we've all needed help to boost our spirits; come on, think hard. haven't you ever felt a bit nervous about your own chances? Haven't you needed reinforcement and guidance? Remember that behind every OP who posts such a thread, there is a living, breathing person's dreams and hopes that are thriving on their peers (ours) encouragement. So let's give it to them!

Let's all be a bit empathetic, shall we? :) :clap: :)

Well, I can't tell for sure without seeing your ECs or LoRs. But I'd say about 90%. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
That's hilarious

Originally posted by CaNEM

HAHAHA

Actually this is easy to answer even without seeing your GPA, MCAT or EC.......

You will either get in or you won't. Mathmatically I would say... 50% to get in or 50% you won't get in.
:p :p :p :p :p

ooops, I'm sorry I wasn't answering your original question...

Well, Since you are questioning your chances of going insane, your chances are decreased...

However since you are a pre-med person you are already well on your way to insanity so your chances are increased...

And I 'm sorry to say since you spend countless hours of your life reading all of our mindless posts on SDN your chances are 100% that you are crazy.

Please stay where you are... I'm sure you are sitting in front of your computer... The little men with the wonderful straight jackets are being dispatched to come and get you.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

CaNEM,
You have no chance. I'm sorry.

Originally posted by Dr Chooch
CaNEM,
You have no chance. I'm sorry.

No chance! Are you sure?

I'm a URM, in the EDP, SDN regular, great ECs, good MCAT (took PR), decent GPA, & no DUIs. Filed AMCAS ASAP, memorized MSAR, got a LOR from my PI, which MSTP ADCOMs seem to dig. Did I mention I worked for the FBI, CIA, and USPS, played for the NHL, NBA, and NFL, and though my GF is currently MIA, she's from the UK and can make a mean cup of tea.

No chance! Are you sure?

I'm a URM, in the EDP, SDN regular, great ECs, good MCAT (took PR), decent GPA, & no DUIs. Filed AMCAS ASAP, memorized MSAR, got a LOR from my PI, which MSTP ADCOMs seem to dig. Did I mention I worked for the FBI, CIA, and USPS, played for the NHL, NBA, and NFL, and though my GF is currently MIA, she's from the UK and can make a mean cup of tea.

Nope, none. Maybe you should start looking at DO schools. ;)

I am on the admission committee at Ponduck University Medical School and I would say that CaNem have no chance at any medical school in the United Sates of America. I don't really think that you will even make it to medical school. I will have to go with Dr. Chooch. :p :laugh: :p :laugh: :p

okay i have seen podunk a couple of times on threads, is there really a school with that name?

No I don't think that there is a school of that such name however I think that Ponduck represents all no-name schools.

Originally posted by immediatespring
okay i have seen podunk a couple of times on threads, is there really a school with that name?

Well, there actually is no "Podunk" University in US, but I have heard about Ponduck University in which Raptor serves as the adcom dean. It's rather an unique institute, though AAMC accredited, its application process doesn't go through AMCAS. One wants to be matriculated must request application directly from the admission office or via its website eletronically.
What makes PU even more attractive to a broad range of applicant is its special five years program- Ponduck Accelerated, in which you not just learn the medical knowledge of human physiology, you also will acquire a complete professional training in duckmedicine (medicine that treats duck). Graduates from PU generally are placed into their top choice residency programs, top three choices admiting rate is 99.9%.

;) :laugh:

No chance! Are you sure?

M to da Izzcat dude, just make sure you find your girlfriend. :p

exactly 69.09203598235009% SD 0.000000294
;)
.....okie i think chem lab is getting to me....make the numbers stop!!!!!!!! aaaaaaaaagk