HELP where to apply!>!>>!???

Started by Hoya05
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Hoya05

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guyss....

3.8 CumGPA
3.7 SciGPA
35MCAT (10V10PS15BS Pwriting)
D1 athlete 4yrs 2yrs captain (wsoccer)
Georgetown Undergrad Honors program
clinical and research experience

what tier schools should i be aiming for??~!!?? suggestions for how many stretch/middle/lows i should apply to>?
THANKS!
 
I'm an IL resident, and my list so far is pretty long bc im not sure where to apply i guess!

These are all my ideal choices, but i feel like i need some middle and lower tiered schools? Maybe Southern illinois, UIC, louisville, med col wisconsin? I feel like there are too many "reach" schools and I could screw myself over.

Loyola Chicago
Northwestern
U Chicago
RUSH

GW
Georgetown
Minnesota
Cincinnati
PITT
Mayo
Minnesota
Michigan
UVA
Emory
Vanderbilt
Wisconsin
Penn
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think you've got a great app, and since you're an IL resident and have lots of local options, you probably don't need a lot of OOS schools. However, if you're looking for more schools, my suggestions would be:

IL Schools:
Loyola Chicago
Northwestern
U Chicago
RUSH

Add:
UIC
Rosalind Franklin
SIU (if you're not from the Chicago area)

OOS Schools:
GW
Georgetown
Minnesota (do they take many OOS?)
Cincinnati (do they take many OOS?)
PITT
Mayo
Minnesota (do they take many OOS?)
Michigan
UVA
Emory
Vanderbilt
Wisconsin
Penn

Possible Additions:
SLU
MCW
Jefferson
Tulane
UVM
Rochester
NYC schools (Cornell, Columbia, NYU, Albert Einstein & MSSM, if you're interested)
USC (private CA school)
Baylor

But as stated above, I think you'll be very successful, and I don't think you need to apply to more than 15-20 schools.
 
I think Phoenix's school choice are excellent. You're competitive anywhere, so if there are a few dream schools you'd like to attend (Yale, Harvard, etc.) throw a couple of those in, too.