help! white gum patches!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

strangeattractor

ucla permanent fixture
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
if anyone could help, i would be SOOOO grateful.

i had tissue grafts done by my periodontist a year ago two teeth. i woke up this morning with one tooth in pain (probably from gnashing my teeth in my sleep) and looked in the mirror and saw EEK the two grafts were white, and the affected area is slightly swollen. i have no idea what this is supposed to mean - whether it is normal or not. that area is generally swollen as the two teeth are holding up a bridge done by a crappo dentist.

am i ok? pain is subsiding from this morning. i don't know if the white patches were there before or not...

Members don't see this ad.

If the donor site of the graft tissue is a different color to begin with than the tissues that surround the graft site, you WILL see a color difference for pretty much the rest of your life, so I wouldn't be alarmed about that.

What I would worry about is the pain and the condition of the bridge. You might want to see a dentist about that... And go to a different one if you don't trust the one who made the bridge for you.

Good luck.

thanks tom.

i feel a lot better now, and i'm going to see my periodontist monday (the old dentist is crappo...this one is AWESOME and even teaches at a few universities around the area).

have a great day.