Help with CV format

Discussion in 'General Residency Issues' started by bigfrank, Apr 26, 2004.

1. bigfrank

bigfrank SDN Donor
    7+ Year Member

Hey guys and gals,

I am applying for an integrated residency spot at my school and need to get help with my CV format. Is there a template somewhere? I've never made up a "CV" before and know it's not the same as a resume. Is there a source that you used?

Please let me know, I'd greatly appreciate it. Please!!!!

Frank

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Buster Douglas

Buster Douglas Unregistered User
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I'm only a lowly "almost 2nd year," but I might as well share what's worked for me.

Google some docs you know and see if they've got a CV posted. Copy and paste the format they used into Word and fill in your own info. Here's the one I used (http://medweb.pc.edu/faculty/estiles/cv.html).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Fermi

Fermi Senior Member
    15+ Year Member

4. axm397

axm397 SDN Moderator
    Moderator Physician SDN Advisor 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I was told not to put social security #s, date of birth, place of birth, marital status, childen's names on CV - especially not for residency applications.

They're not supposed to discriminate based on age, gender, marital status, etc... so it's not relevant. I would take the information ERAS requires - and put it in better format. That's what I did and I encountered no problems. :idea:

5. Samoa

Physician Pharmacist 10+ Year Member

Windows XP has a nifty little wizard that spits out very slick CVs. I love the way mine looked when it was done! I'd NEVER be able to format it like that, and I can do all kinds of stuff with Word.

6. Santiago

Santiago Catheter Jockey
    7+ Year Member

hi Samoa,
    Could you be a bit more elaborate?Exactly which nifty wizard in Office XP are you talking about?
    :confused:

7. Samoa

Go to the section at the right called "New from Template." Select General Templates, and then go to Other Documents. It'll have several "resume" templates, that actually work just as well for a CV.

8. Samoa

You may have to insert your program disk to load it.