Help with CV format

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bigfrank

SDN Donor
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals,

I am applying for an integrated residency spot at my school and need to get help with my CV format. Is there a template somewhere? I've never made up a "CV" before and know it's not the same as a resume. Is there a source that you used?

Please let me know, I'd greatly appreciate it. Please!!!!

Frank

Members don't see this ad.

I'm only a lowly "almost 2nd year," but I might as well share what's worked for me.

Google some docs you know and see if they've got a CV posted. Copy and paste the format they used into Word and fill in your own info. Here's the one I used (http://medweb.pc.edu/faculty/estiles/cv.html).

I was told not to put social security #s, date of birth, place of birth, marital status, childen's names on CV - especially not for residency applications.

They're not supposed to discriminate based on age, gender, marital status, etc... so it's not relevant. I would take the information ERAS requires - and put it in better format. That's what I did and I encountered no problems. :idea:

Windows XP has a nifty little wizard that spits out very slick CVs. I love the way mine looked when it was done! I'd NEVER be able to format it like that, and I can do all kinds of stuff with Word.

Samoa said:
Windows XP has a nifty little wizard that spits out very slick CVs. I love the way mine looked when it was done! I'd NEVER be able to format it like that, and I can do all kinds of stuff with Word.

hi Samoa,
Could you be a bit more elaborate?Exactly which nifty wizard in Office XP are you talking about?
:confused:

Go to the section at the right called "New from Template." Select General Templates, and then go to Other Documents. It'll have several "resume" templates, that actually work just as well for a CV.