Help With Dental School List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bloodytoothguy2

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I want your opinion on potentially adding more schools to my list. My stats are as follows 3.73 cumulative GPA and 3.75 science GPA, I got a 24 AA and TS and my resume is decent with lots of exposure to the field. Also, I have NY residency. The one thing I can admit is that I feel as though I have weak letters of recommendation. So far I have applied to the following schools:
1. UNC
2. Tufts
3. Harvard
4. BU
5. Stony
6. Buffalo
7. UCLA
8. Columbia
9. Rutgers
10. U Conn
11. U Penn

I am concerned that I may be applying to too many schools that have a rather low acceptance rate and not enough target schools. What are your thoughts and if so what schools would you suggest adding?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys I want your opinion on potentially adding more schools to my list. My stats are as follows 3.73 cumulative GPA and 3.75 science GPA, I got a 24 AA and TS and my resume is decent with lots of exposure to the field. Also, I have NY residency. The one thing I can admit is that I feel as though I have weak letters of recommendation. So far I have applied to the following schools:
1. UNC
2. Tufts
3. Harvard
4. BU
5. Stony
6. Buffalo
7. UCLA
8. Columbia
9. Rutgers
10. U Conn
11. U Penn

I am concerned that I may be applying to too many schools that have a rather low acceptance rate and not enough target schools. What are your thoughts and if so what schools would you suggest adding?

6 of your 11 are in the top 10 or so most difficult schools to get in to...

Reactions: 1 users
This is a good list, maybe throw on a couple of safety schools is all.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
1. UNC
2. Tufts
3. Harvard
4. BU
5. Stony
6. Buffalo
7. UCLA
8. Columbia
9. Rutgers
10. U Conn
11. U Penn

You have a good chance at stony/buffalo!

Reactions: 1 user
I suggest adding a couple safeties. Your stats are strong but are sitting around average for like half of the list

I agree with mr.smile. You have an extremely small chance of acceptance at ucla and unc. You should replace these with more OOS friendly schools.

Reactions: 1 users