help with describing "experiences" on PTCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

onmywaytomydptdegree

Reaction score
I trained classically in dance for almost 13 years when I was younger. In college I danced on my own 2-3 hours a week and its one of the biggest reasons why I want to go into physical therapy. Though I didnt participate through an organization or group, I want to add it to my application. Any help with where and how I should add it?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Extra-curricular activity? Honestly I do not think a school will even look at that. If you really want them to notice dance then add it to your personal statement.

Reactions: 1 user
I agree with the above comment.
I am a dancer too and I only included the dance I did as a part of extracurricular groups or course requirements (I was a dance major). If dance is a big part of you going into PT, use it for your personal statement or a school specific essay! Personally I did that as well as talking about my dance experience in interviews.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi there, I have a similarly related question. I am a nontraditional student who is changing careers after 15 years in the field as a software engineer. I am also a trained dancer and still training weekly in various styles. I have been in many stage performances during the last decade and would like highlight some of these performances in the extracurricular activities section. What would be your recommendation about this in addition to writing about it in my personal statement? Thanks!!!

Hi there, I have a similarly related question. I am a nontraditional student who is changing careers after 15 years in the field as a software engineer. I am also a trained dancer and still training weekly in various styles. I have been in many stage performances during the last decade and would like highlight some of these performances in the extracurricular activities section. What would be your recommendation about this in addition to writing about it in my personal statement? Thanks!!!

Do both, but try not to focus only on dance. Well roundness is always preferred.

Thank you @cmquin12 ! Appreciate your help. Per chance, do you recommend that I also enter EVERY employment position I ever held under my "Experiences"? I worked my way up from a software engineer to middle-level management to director level (at 6 companies). Should I list all 6 experiences or should I just focus on the last 10 years as it mentions in the PTCAS application instructions?

PTCAS Instructions - re: "Experiences" section (Experiences):
"Although you can enter any experiences that you believe are relevant to your application, we recommend focusing on those experiences within the last 10 years and at the collegiate level and above."

Thank you @cmquin12 ! Appreciate your help. Per chance, do you recommend that I also enter EVERY employment position I ever held under my "Experiences"? I worked my way up from a software engineer to middle-level management to director level (at 6 companies). Should I list all 6 experiences or should I just focus on the last 10 years as it mentions in the PTCAS application instructions?

I would focus only on the last 10 years as rhey asked.