DO Help with DO school list?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

monty55

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was hoping to get some input on my DO school list. I've tried to do my best to compose the best possible list for myself, but it is a little trickier without the equivalent of an MSAR.

3.15sGPA, 3.4cGPA, 3.97 SMP GPA. 507 MCAT
Hispanic but not technically URM (Cuban). First generation college student.

Probably above average ECs. About 1,600 hours of volunteering (3/4 of that is healthcare related - working in a free clinic and a couple of missions trips... the rest is community related). 3 years of work experience, started as a scribe, but also worked to start a couple of new scribe programs and the last year I worked as an instructor (this was about 7 hours a week while I was doing my SMP). Elected to my school's honor council for 2 years. Plenty of shadowing of a variety of physicians. A year long clinical research project that will be submitted in a couple months for a potential publication. Lots of leadership experiences. I have worked with DO physicians before, so can talk about that experience, but I don't have a specific DO letter, only an MD letter.

Here is my current DO school list:
OU-HCOM (in state)
VCOM (applied previously and they told me I needed an SMP - so hoping to be successful this time)
PCOM
MWU-CCOM
RVU-COM
TuoroCOM-CA
Western U- Pomona
(grew up in CA and that is where most of my family is, so would love to go to these last 2)

I also applied to about 20 MD schools, so I am hesitant to make this list any longer (partially a money concern, but mostly I don't want to get over my head with secondaries). Willing to add or change the school list though, so I would appreciate any input on this list!

Members don't see this ad.