Help with NBDE registration

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lindaBDS

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone~.

I need help regarding NBDE registration .I really have no clue about it :( Please guide me , I really appreciate your help.

Members don't see this ad.

It wouldn't hurt to read the NBDE part I Elegibility Guide as many if not all your queries will be answered there. http://www.ada.org/sections/educationAndCareers/pdfs/nbde01_examinee_guide.pdf

1. I'm assuming that you've already sent your documents to ECE to be evaluated (If not, don't forget to send an ECE report to the Joint commission)
2. Go to http://www.ada.org/---Click on Education and Careers- testing- Dentpin (fill the information and get your dentpin).- NBDE part 1 electronic application.....

They clearly explain everything in detail, step by step...

Hope this helps.

Thank you "Dentdreamer" your reply is V.helpful. Actually, I sent my application for ECE evaluation last year " but that was Course by course evaluation and they required general report . Now while I'm filling the application should i provide the address below so ECE send a copy to the joint commission ,or I have to obtain DENTPIN first.:confused:...

Joint Commission on National Dental Examinations,
211 E. Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611-2637.

How long will this process take before i can register for the exam?
I'm totally Lost:(

Members don't see this ad :)
Course by course report will work fine. You need to contact ECE and ask them to send a report to the Joint Comission (I think the fee is 30 bucks but I'm not sure), and you can obtain the dentpin now or the same day after you request the ECE report, it really doesn't matter. You could even get your dentpin now and fill the application for the test today (be ready to pay the exam fee when you fill the application) but they won't send you the elegibility letter until they receive the ECE report.

Does that mean I can get the dentpin and choose my exam date before they got the ECE report? I want to choose a best date for me. However, I am also waiting for ECE report.

You can get your dentpin and pay for the exam, but you won't be able to schedule a date before they receive the ECE report. When they receive it, they'll send you the eligibility letter and then you can go to prometric and pick a date. Hope this makes sense.

Last edited: