Help with picking a school!! UIC vs. Utah vs. UW vs. Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lilmisspremed227

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been accepted into uic, university of Colorado, university of Utah, and university of Washington so far. I'm from California so all of these places are new to me and offer cheaper tuition that most California schools. Problem is I can't decide where to go? Uic is the highest ranked but how much does rank really matter? I'm interested in clinical pharmacy and possibly pursuing an MBA eventually to get into hospital management.

Members don't see this ad.

From what I hear rank matters if you want to go clinical. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I've been accepted into uic, university of Colorado, university of Utah, and university of Washington so far. I'm from California so all of these places are new to me and offer cheaper tuition that most California schools. Problem is I can't decide where to go? Uic is the highest ranked but how much does rank really matter? I'm interested in clinical pharmacy and possibly pursuing an MBA eventually to get into hospital management.
I've spoke with a few clinical pharmacist about if rank matters, they say maybe if it was the #1 school but its mostly what you do while you're in pharmacy school to make a name of yourself to get a good residency. I would look up apartments and see where you see yourself living more also how much more debt you want to take out for housing. Not sure about utah but UIC and UW are very expensive areas to live, I looked into colorado and its not as much. But if really love to live in the city and don't mind the extra cost (like me) that doesn't really matter. But in the end I would decide by where you want to live for the next four years think about the weather, plane tickets to travel home, etc.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Have you made a decision yet? I'm just curious because I have also been accepted to UW, UIC, and UU and I want to pursue clinical pharmacy.

Have you made a decision yet? I'm just curious because I have also been accepted to UW, UIC, and UU and I want to pursue clinical pharmacy.
No :/ I'm still having a really hard time deciding. I know uic is the best but Chicago itself didn't really appeal to me. What are you leaning towards?

Bumping this hard but this is my exact situation now... wondering if I should do the early app for uic and get the in state deal. What did you all end up doing? I'm from Indiana and I've been to uic. Also looking clinical.