Help with prereqs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whichbreath

Reaction score
Would someone help me check my prereqs?

Bold, italicized means not yet taken

(Quarter System)
>100 means upper-division

Advanced Biology
- BIO 112: Human Physiology
- LS 107: Genetics
- MIMG 101: Microbiology

Biology
- Biology 41: Genetics, Biochemistry, and Molecular Biology
- Biology 42: Cell Biology and Animal Physiology
- LS 7B: Evolution and Ecology
- LS 23L: Laboratory

Chemistry:
- CHEM 31X: Chemical Principles (at my undergrad, this was the only gen chem class in the gem chem sequence)
- CHEM 135: Physical Chemistry
- CHEM 14BL: Gen and Organic Chem Lab I

Organic Chemistry:
- CHEM 33, 35, 135 (Ochem sequence); 36 but not 130 (Organic Chem Lab I but not Organic Chem Lab II)

Physics:
- PHYSICS 41, 42: Mechanics with Lab
- PHYSICS 1B: Oscillations, Waves, and Fields
- PHYSICS 5B: Thermodynamics, Fluids, Waves, Light, Optics with Lab

Biochemistry:
- CHEM 153A: Biochemistry: Structure, Enzymes, and Reactivity

English:
- Philosophy 22, 100B, 100C (Ethical theory, Medieval philosophy, Early modern philosophy)
- Program in Writing and Rhetoric I (Rhetoric of Fuzzy and Techie), II (Business of the Internet)

Psychology:
- PSYCH 1: Psychology

Math:
- MATH 51: Linear Algebra, MATH 53: Differential Equations, MATH 115A, B: Linear Algebra, MATH 131A: Analysis
- Teaching Assistant for Stats 13: Statistics for Life Science Majors

I'm not sure if I should be trying to hit every prereq or move onto upper division courses in my DIY postbacc? (nontrad student here)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Check the prehealth advising office website at the school where you are taking classes. There should be a page or so on prerequisites which should list the appropriate courses. If not, send them an email or make an appointment.

Reactions: 1 user
One thing you'll want to double check is # credit hours required for some things. Since you're on a quarter system, you'd need to convert to semester hours. Some schools require a number of semester hours that you might not meet, depending on your courses.

Reactions: 1 user