help with ranklist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

unagi2007

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi
I just finished the PEDS interview trail and now I am torn between three programs. I don't know which one to rank 1st/2nd/3rd. I know they are vastly different but would someone please tell me their pro's and con's about these programs, etc, what they liked or didn't like when visiting these places, etc.
The programs are Stanford, CHOC and CHLA.
any feedback is much appreciated.
thanks
unagi

Members don't see this ad.

what do you want to do? I.E. academic gen peds, fellowship etc.

Z

swayed towards gen peds, but would like to keep doors open for fellowship as well in case i change my mind.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey zedpol
I noticed that you've interviewed at Stanford, how did you like them? did you get a chance to talk to many residents?

sorry it took me so long to get back to this thread. I chose not to interview at CHOC or CHLA but I've heard nothing but great things about both. I think CHLA has the reputation for being a fairly work intensive program but I don't think you could go wrong choosing any of them as they are all great training sites. The dean of student affairs at my school who is a pediatrician speaks very highly of all of them.

I love stanford, met lots of residents...seemed like a very cool bunch. It was one of the programs where i felt the residents really went out of their way to meet us, probably only rivaled by Seattle...well, UCLA too. I also really enjoyed the attendings at stanford. They were all very engaged and I had numerous random attendings come up to me in the hall way to make sure I wasn't lost and to tell me how great it was at stanford. Overall I came away with a very positive view of the program. The fact that they are searching for a new PD is a little disconcerting and I am not super excited that they are increasing their program size by 6 residents. So, all in all I think they are in a little bit of flux and that you wouldn't have to deal with that at the other programs.

What did you think of stanford?

Z

i had a good experience at stanford too. very well organized interview day, great residents, very friendly and social. faculty who interviewed me where approachable and down to earth. Still would've like to have met more residents one on one, as opposed to in a group setting-we all sat around a table in the call room towards the end of the interview day and had a chat. all in all i was impressed with stanford. why did you not like the fact that they are expanding their PG 1 residency program from 20 to 26 this year? doesn't that mean that more of the work and responsibility will be shared amongst residents which could mean an even better call schedule?

why did you not like the fact that they are expanding their PG 1 residency program from 20 to 26 this year? doesn't that mean that more of the work and responsibility will be shared amongst residents which could mean an even better call schedule?

I agree but one of the things that I really enjoyed was that stanford was on the smaller side.

SUNY buffalo
MSU eat lansing
long island college ,brooklyn
lincoln , ny
harlem

all pediatrics
apprecaite ur help