Help with Revenge

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wcostell

VU Sandman
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So last night I'm on call in the SICU. Things are slow, I'm chilling out, catching up on some reading, when the charge nurse (a good friend of mine) gets called to a Rapid Response (basically a pre-code vs. "Damn the Floor Nurses are Stupid!").
About 20 minutes later, she and two of the other SI nurses come rolling a patient into the room across from where I was sitting, calling out for my help as they came. Mindy, the charge nurse was position astride the patient, giving chest compressions while her assistants are bagging and running for supplies.
Naturally,I get up and run to the bedside, sending someone to get airway supplies and drugs. The room is dark, patient is covered... and when I reach for arm to check pulse.... there is no patient. Everyone laughs:laugh::thumbdown:.
I'm a good sport, and appreciate the effort put into such a great burn. That does not mean that I let it go. This is a slippery slope, people. If these nurses think they are funnier than me, what is my role in the SICU?
Anyone have any ideas on how to get them back in the last couple of nights here?

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations! This means they like you. Take your lumps, laugh, and move on.

-copro

P.S. Or, you could always pee in the coffee urn.

This is a slippery slope, people. If these nurses think they are funnier than me, what is my role in the SICU?

Time to call in the big guns.

bushmaster-dvic482.jpg

seriously though, that was funny, sounds like a good group. best of luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have found that there is no better--or funnier for that matter--way of getting even than cocktails...molotov cocktails.

identify said nurses cars and let the bottle-o-flame fly gracefully to it's designated target. sure, there may be unintended targets (wrong cars, parking attendants, school bus full of children), but without risk, is life really worth living?

good luck. oh, and they got you good...real good.

I have found that there is no better--or funnier for that matter--way of getting even than cocktails...molotov cocktails.

Well, if they're hot, then real cocktails will suffice, actually. The best revenge is taking them out, gettin' them all liquored up, then laying some Alabama trouser snake on 'em. Then, next time you see them in the hospital, walking up all friendly like, saying a big friendly "hi" with a ****-eatin' grin, and then calling them by some other girl's name.

-copro

Actually, this kind of prank sounds like something a Murse would pull. In that case, you should be laughing every time you walk on the unit 'cuz the joke is already on them.

:laugh:

-copro

KY on the phone is one you can try. Tabasco or salt in a soft drink is useful in the ol' bag of tricks as well. Oneupmanship can be quite fun! Good luck!

Agree....if they put that much thought & effort into something like that it's a prime opportunity for a 3-way (or even a 4-way?!?!?) You da man!! :thumbup:

Our boss did something like that to us....big mistake. He had the 2 other guys in the clinic help him out.

SOOOOO, one by one, very quietly and confidentially, all day long, EVERY SINGLE woman (there are 37 of us) docs included, asked for a private word....and informed him that we were pregnant.

Best April Fool's prank evah. Although he did turn rather gray by the end of the day.