Help with school list? 3.7c/3.6s/503

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

omghithere

Reaction score
Looking for some guidance in creating my school list. 3.7 cGPA, 3.6 sGPA, 503 MCAT. I have good ECs, letters (PI who I did research with for credit/grade, another science, and an MD), research, etc. I am also a Texas resident. Thanks :). Should I even bother with MD, considering my low MCAT? @Goro

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Too low for MD schools. Was it your first attempt? With your GPA, it would serve you well to retake the MCAT in order to get a score that would allow you to apply to MD schools.

Looking for some guidance in creating my school list. 3.7 cGPA, 3.6 sGPA, 503 MCAT. I have good ECs, letters (PI who I did research with for credit/grade, another science, and an MD), research, etc. I am also a Texas resident. Thanks :). Should I even bother with MD, considering my low MCAT? @Goro

Your stats look like mine. I was accepted MD (and to 4 DOs), and the MD is in a tougher state than Texas to crack from what I’ve heard. If the TMDAS isn’t super expensive I would 100% try it.

Just my thought!

Members don't see this ad :)
Your stats look like mine. I was accepted MD (and to 4 DOs), and the MD is in a tougher state than Texas to crack from what I’ve heard. If the TMDAS isn’t super expensive I would 100% try it.

Just my thought!
You were also a nurse for a substantial amount of years o_O Getting into an MD school with a 503 is as rare as no mayo on a BLT

You were also a nurse for a substantial amount of years o_O Getting into an MD school with a 503 is as rare as no mayo on a BLT

Fair enough, although about 2,500 out of about 27,000 accepted get in with a 503 or lower MCAT... not precisely “rare,” but not a safe bet either.

But I’m glad I took the gamble, personally.

Most DO’s should be fine.

If you’re gunning for MD, then you will most likely have to retake.

Get MSAR and have a look.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile