Mcat 1 week out, 503 on AAMC Scored... Opinions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CantStop_WontStop

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm shooting for a 505+ on 7/22 for DO, just got done with the AAMC Scored and got a 503...

Is the scored exam fairly representative? and does a 505 seem doable?

Members don't see this ad.

A 505 is definitely doable. Go in with confidence.

What are your cGPA and sGPA? Even a 503 is good enough to get in somewhere as long as both GPAs are >3.0

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
I found it to be a pretty accurate predictor (514 on the AAMC scored, 516 on the real thing), so a 505 is totally doable with a 503 AAMC scored. Just review what you missed and if it's all in one area, hit it HARD. Also section sub-scores can totally flip on the day of your test (was getting 95th-98th percentile in BB on practices, got an 87th percentile on real thing, but my psych/soc shot from like the sixties to the 97th). Best of luck!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the replies!

cGPA 3.86, sGPA 3.81 no retakes

Psych major

AAMC Scored was:
C/P 69% 126
CARS 70% 125
B/B 60% 124 (ouch)
P/S 83% 128

I was doing much better on bio and biochem on other practice (EK 1 & 2 and AAMC Qpacks) so not sure what happened, but I plan on reviewing hard over the next week.

Last edited:
Are percentiles given the day of the exam or is there no info given until 30 days after?

Your GPAs are great. A 503 will get you a seat

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
I'm shooting for a 505+ on 7/22 for DO, just got done with the AAMC Scored and got a 503...

Good grief, a 498 will land you a seat with your stats. You are perfectly fine. Be confined and thorough, but quick as always.

Are percentiles given the day of the exam or is there no info given until 30 days after?

They are adjusted and given the same day you receive your scores for the real exam.

Reactions: 1 user
Very good to hear, I was a bit nervous after the test because that's the same score I got on my last EK practice but on that one my B/B was better and my C/P & P/S were a bit lower...

For most it is a decent predictor, but there are outliers. For example I scored a 506 on the FL scored and scored significantly higher than that on the real thing, but I know others who scored like 510 on the scored and then scored like 503. I think you are good to take it, just go in there with confidence. Honestly confidence is a big part of the MCAT IMO, a lot of people get rattled

Reactions: 2 users
Agreed ^^

It is the best predictor we have, but that doesn't mean it's the score you're going to get. I went down 4 points from my scored FL, so down is possible. But PLENTY of people in my MCAT group scored above or well above their scores. I've seen 508s go to 516s, 506 to 518s, and just about anywhere in between. Maintain composure, get a good night sleep, and stay confident!

Disclaimer: I do not endorse taking a life altering exam such as the MCAT in hopes that you score above what has been predicting by the AAMC materials. Only take if you are extremely confident and satisfied with scoring within range of your score.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Thanks again for the info everyone, I'm feeling good about it and trying to relax these last couple of days so I can go in Friday morning with a fresh mind.

how did you end up doing on the real deal?

are you talking about a 503 on the practice test, or is this some process I don't know of when you take the test that you get a preliminary score first?

I feel it's a good predictor that you at least wont score lower than that. I used all the practice tests and part of my studying, studying all the right and wrong answers and was scoring 504-506 on all of them with a >510 on the actual.

You'll do well and even if you scored lower, you'll be just fine with your stats

Last edited:
For the AAMC practice exams, I got 503, 502, 512 on 1, 2, and 3. My final MCAT score was 509. I think the biggest difference between the first two exams and the third was my ability to read and understand "MCAT" questioning, narrowing down answers, and having a stronger foundation of knowledge.