Help with schools, still can't finalize list!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorYanks

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! So as i'm about to submit the AMCAS in mid-june, I still can't finalize my list of schools or rather finished my personal statement..but that's a beast all to its own =)

I have a science GPA to be either a 3.6 or 3.62
A cumulative GPA of around a 3.7 or 3.71
MCAT score: 35S

List of interested schools:

NYU
Albert Einstein
Mount Sinai
Tufts
BU
RWJMS
Cornell
Columbia
UPENN
Jefferson
Duke
Emory
George Washington
Georgetown
Temple (maybe?)
Pittsburgh
Case western
Wake Forest
Vanderbilt
Northwestern
Drexel
NJMS
NYMC (maybe? not sure )

The list is a little longer than I want..I want ideally 20..but then again, what's 2 more applications?

help is greatly appreciated! Thanks guys! :)

Members don't see this ad.

You list looks reaosnable but might be a bit heavy on the reach schools, despite your great stats. What state are you a resident of?

I'm a NJ resident, that's what I was afraid of, but I want to stay in the area and there's not much choice? I have all the mid-tier schools from the area like drexel, jefferson, njmc, but i don't know what else to add. Then I have BU, Tufts as an upper-mid,

i'll probably end up taking out columbia...or cornell? i

Members don't see this ad :)
Tufts and Temple are over $40k in tuition alone, so you could shave those if money is an issue. And your list looks like it's composed of all schools that are competitive, you might want to add 3-4 of the less competitive ones and take out a reach and a couple of the other schools.

I would add UMDNJ if I were you. Your list is a bit top-heavy but you have some mid-tier schools in there as well and a couple of lower-tiers. I don't think it's a bad list at all. We'll be applying to many of the same schools!

Good luck! :luck: