HELp with TBC graph please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rinsterman12

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am hung up on a question about a graph. The question is, in the experiment, if each worker generates 1.5 kg/hr of co2, how often must the lioh canisters be changed to maintain ambient co2 at 1.0%? There are four workers so 1.5x 4 = 6 and there are two canisters. Thus 3kg/hour per canister. From the graph you go to three and follow over to a line with a negative slope and look on the x axis and a value of the receptacle running time is 10. What I do not get is how to logically read the graph.

I can send a picture of the graph via email to anyone who can help me with this question. I will try to explain it best i can.

The graph has on its x axis receptacle running time in hours and on the y co2 absorption rate kg/hr. There are two line which are separate at first from the upper part of the y axis they merge at the bottom. The upper line has 1.5% co2 in its area and the lower line has 1.0% in its area. So what I dont get is when I look at the graph and trace 3 kg/hr co2 absorption to 10 hours of receptacle time, how does that represent ambient co2 at 1.0%? The coordinates are in the area that is labeled 1.0% oxygen. If This makes no sense I can provide a picture of the graph.