HELp with TBC graph please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rinsterman12

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am hung up on a question about a graph. The question is, in the experiment, if each worker generates 1.5 kg/hr of co2, how often must the lioh canisters be changed to maintain ambient co2 at 1.0%? There are four workers so 1.5x 4 = 6 and there are two canisters. Thus 3kg/hour per canister. From the graph you go to three and follow over to a line with a negative slope and look on the x axis and a value of the receptacle running time is 10. What I do not get is how to logically read the graph.

I can send a picture of the graph via email to anyone who can help me with this question. I will try to explain it best i can.

The graph has on its x axis receptacle running time in hours and on the y co2 absorption rate kg/hr. There are two line which are separate at first from the upper part of the y axis they merge at the bottom. The upper line has 1.5% co2 in its area and the lower line has 1.0% in its area. So what I dont get is when I look at the graph and trace 3 kg/hr co2 absorption to 10 hours of receptacle time, how does that represent ambient co2 at 1.0%? The coordinates are in the area that is labeled 1.0% oxygen. If This makes no sense I can provide a picture of the graph.

Members don't see this ad.