Help with timing radiology application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cloud30

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm an IMG from a well known European school applying to radiology.
I am in a MD/Phd program here and graduated from the MD part this year. I was trying to squeeze my schedule and apply for the match this autumn. I got 250 on Step 1 and CK but unfortunately failed this summer at CS. This came as a big surprise as I felt very comfortable with the content and always performed well at home. Now, I am stuck in a tough position deciding weather or not to apply this year or wait for the next season.

If I apply this year I would have to apply with an incomplete ECFMG certification due to the CS score and hope to get a spot and pass it during interview season. I will have good LOR from good us schools though.

If I wait a year I will be able to finish my PhD by application time and spend large part of that year doing research at a major us radiology center. I will hopefully also be able to take Step 3.

First, would you advise me to try to submit my application this year or strengthen my application and apply for the next year?
Secondly how much would you think my failed CS score affects my application given that I apply to academic programs with a strong research background?
Thank you for any help.

Members don't see this ad.