help with traveling abroad/international exchange program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

keforce

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am in my last year of med school. We are allowed three months off during the M4 year. I would like to do some traveling in Russia or Eastern European countries. Can someone direct me to some of the international medical student exchange programs out there? I would like to do a 1-2 month rotation at a foreign medical school, to work in a foreign university lab, or even teaching grad/undergraduate students (I've already obtained the Ph.D. portion of MD/PhD). I would appreciate any thoughts or suggestions. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Well, maybe start by asking if your school has any official cooperations with other universities in Eastern Europe- most people are surprised to find out how many partnerships have been established over the years!

As an American applying to German schools, I had to contact the international office and apply to each school directly. That seems to be the procedure in other parts of Europe, as well, so maybe start a search according to cities you are interested in!?

Good Luck!:luck: