Help! :/

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jess2122

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need help! (literally). I am a Microbiology student, had a 4.00GPA till I ruined everything with a precalculus course and got a C. This semester is looking good. I will begin volunteering in a few months, I am getting into some science and medical related student associations and I take related courses online all the time where I earn certificates. The problem is that I have 7W from my first semester, I had to leave because my family was having financial issues, so then I started studying somewhere else where I got an associate degree in chemical engineering with a 3.73GPA. I didn't want them to convalidate me any chemistry courses because I wanted to take them again (I don't know if this can affect me in any way). Also, I live in Puerto Rico. We only have 4 med schools and I am not considering one of them so my chances to get into one of those 3 are low, I think. The thing is that I still have some time to make a good job, but I have been really anxious about the future. I have low self esteem, like I don't consider myself a bright student even though I even get an exemption (literally paid $150 for this semester) for being on the top 5% of the students of my year. I also diminish my own accomplishments which is why I am really considering getting some help from a psychologist or something, but I also needed to talk to people who maybe can understand what I am going through and can give me some advice. Honesty is appreciated, thanks and sorry about the length.

Members don't see this ad.

I need help! (literally). I am a Microbiology student, had a 4.00GPA till I ruined everything with a precalculus course and got a C. This semester is looking good. I will begin volunteering in a few months, I am getting into some science and medical related student associations and I take related courses online all the time where I earn certificates. The problem is that I have 7W from my first semester, I had to leave because my family was having financial issues, so then I started studying somewhere else where I got an associate degree in chemical engineering with a 3.73GPA. I didn't want them to convalidate me any chemistry courses because I wanted to take them again (I don't know if this can affect me in any way). Also, I live in Puerto Rico. We only have 4 med schools and I am not considering one of them so my chances to get into one of those 3 are low, I think. The thing is that I still have some time to make a good job, but I have been really anxious about the future. I have low self esteem, like I don't consider myself a bright student even though I even get an exemption (literally paid $150 for this semester) for being on the top 5% of the students of my year. I also diminish my own accomplishments which is why I am really considering getting some help from a psychologist or something, but I also needed to talk to people who maybe can understand what I am going through and can give me some advice. Honesty is appreciated, thanks and sorry about the length.
Dude, you're fine. Your gpa is still good just keep it that way. I have a 2.98 gpa with 6W's. Its only August and I have 2MD II and 1 DO. Getting into the PR schools are a joke. Just do decent on the mcat. If I spoke Spanish I would have applied there myself. Breathe...and keep pushing.

Take two of these, please.

UPJ00940.jpg

Reactions: 4 users