Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

QWAOD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi.. I am new and would like some help. i am going to get my BA may2006 in Art and Visul Technology. ( its not science related LOL) but i want to go to optometry school and i before i do that i have to take my Prerequisites..i have been working in the Optometry field for 3 yrs (and i know this is what i want to do) So if anyone has any advice i would love to hear it/read it..thank you..

Members don't see this ad.

QWAOD said:
hi.. I am new and would like some help. i am going to get my BA may2006 in Art and Visul Technology. ( its not science related LOL) but i want to go to optometry school and i before i do that i have to take my Prerequisites..i have been working in the Optometry field for 3 yrs (and i know this is what i want to do) So if anyone has any advice i would love to hear it/read it..thank you..

If you're sure this is what you want to do then go for it. I have a similar story. I got a BA in Communications. I worked in radio for a while. During that time I ran my event planning company which I still own and recently because it seemed like the right time, i went back to school to complete my pre reqs for optometry school. I will be applying this year for entrance in 2007. People often ask me, "You went from entertainment to optometry...why?". My response is that it was something I was always interested in but never got the chance to do it until now. Good luck and like I said if this is what you want to do..just do it!

Thank YOU very much for your advice. It really helped